About the role
We are looking for a SDE - IV to join our technology team. As a SDE IV, you’ll work closely with our Design, Product, Data Science and Analytics team to develop microservices which focus on the financial needs of millennials in India. If you have excellent programming skills and a passion for developing applications or improving existing ones, we would like to meet you. You would be a part of a high performant engineering team to develop the next generation financial platform & payments application.
What You will do
- Design and develop microservices that can work in a large-scale multi-tenant environment.
- Responsible for end to end architecture, high level design/ low level design of various systems and applications that you are assigned to. You will also be responsible for writing code and deploying these enterprise applications to production including operational excellence.
- Explore design implications and work towards appropriate balance between functionality, performance, and maintainability.
- Work with a cross-discipline team of Design, Product, Data Science and Analytics team.
- Deploy and maintain the application in a secured AWS environment.
- Take ownership from ideation phase to deployment and maintenance.
- Actively participate in the hiring process to bring world-class programmers in the team.
- Champion best design, development and code quality practices in the engineering team
What you will need
- 5+ years of experience in software development & a good understanding of modern programming languages and cloud environments
- Technically hands-on, prior experience with scalable architecture
- Hands-on experience in API development and frameworks such as Express, Loopback, Hapi.
- Good understanding of SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Experience in test-driven development. (writing unit test and API test).
- Understanding of basic cloud computing concepts and experience in using any of the major cloud service providers(AWS/GCP/Azure).
- Ability to build and deploy the application in a containerized environment.
- Understanding of application logging and monitoring systems like Prometheus or Kibana.
- Proven track record of delivering high performance and scalable platforms in a fast-paced agile environment
- Good leadership and communication skills
- B.E/B.Tech/M.E./M.Tech/M.S. from a reputed university with a good academic record.
- Curiosity to explore the cutting edge technologies and bake them in the products.
- Zeal and drive to take end to end ownership.
Life at slice
Life so good, you’d think we’re kidding:
- Competitive salaries. Period.
- An extensive medical insurance that looks out for our employees & their dependents. We’ll love you and take care of you, our promise.
- Flexible working hours. Just don’t call us at 3AM, we like our sleep schedule.
- Tailored vacation & leave policies so that you enjoy every important moment in your life.
- A reward system that celebrates hard work and milestones throughout the year. Expect a gift coming your way anytime you kill it here.
- Learning and upskilling opportunities. Seriously, not kidding.
- Good food, games, and a cool office to make you feel like home. An environment so good, you’ll forget the term “colleagues can’t be your friends”.
We believe in equality. Period.
At slice, we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We never discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by the applicable law.
We consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the applicable law. Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment.