- Family friendly work/life balance workplace
- Save on tax with generous salary packaging benefits -Novated leasing, general living expenses, regional area benefits, meal entertainment, Holiday Accommodation and Venue hire
- Paid training & support for professional development
- We support Career Progression - Scholarship programs, student placement and internal promotion opportunities
- Access our Employee Assistance program - Confidential free counselling support with any issue, personal, work, financial or legal.
- Employee wellness portal – discounted memberships (e.g. gym, spa)
- Eligible staff receive insurance benefits like income protection from our Superannuation provider
- Achieve Job security
- Values based organisational culture
- Generous travel and Phone allowance
- Portable long service leave
- All personal protective equipment provided
- Engage in meaningful work helping Elders stay in their home!
We have an exciting entry level opportunity for a Personal Care Assistant who is passionate about supporting older persons continue living in their own home!
The role supports on the Gold Coast and surrounding areas
20 hours p/fortnight guaranteed minimum hours
with a view to offer additional hours
Must be available Monday to Friday 8.00am to 4.00pm
$22.94 - $24.26 p/hr range
+ 10.5% Superannuation + Not for Profit Packaging
About us ...
MiCare is proud to be a culturally and linguistically diverse organisation. A large part of our work is assisting people from a non-Australian background and we respect their culture, their history, their language and tastes, and their stories.
We are here for everyone believing that all people have the right to be respected and their differences celebrated.
About the role ...
We are committed to ensure that the MiCare client’s quality of life is enhanced through their relationship with MiCare. Your excellent interpersonal skills will enhance MiCare’s position as a provider of choice particularly for migrant communities. Our Care employees are responsible for delivering direct care services (in the client’s own home) while keeping in with the roster and task list which includes: Personal Care, Social Support and Domestic Assistance. Applicants must be willing to complete domestic assistance as required, as it comprises 90% of this role.
About you ...
You will have a flexible, caring, patient attitude and an ability to work in a professional and proficient manner.
Qualifications and Experience
- Working towards a Certificate III or equivalent qualification in Aged Care Community Services
- Certificate I in Cleaning or previous experience providing domestic assistance support
- Current First Aid and CPR certificates
- Queensland drivers licence, insured & roadworthy vehicle
- Smartphone, access to computer (printer/scanner/fax)
Skills & Experience
- A true passion and ability to support client’s in their home
- Ability to communicate in a language other than English preferable but not essential
- Excellent customer service
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An eye for detail, thoroughness in completing tasks
A police check with no disclosable outcome is required by MiCare for this role.
As per Government directions, current medicare evidence of influenza and full COVID-19 vaccination, including dose 3 are required by MiCare for this position.
How to apply ...
Please attach a copy of your cover letter and resume. Complete your work history and education information on the application page (you are encouraged to detail any certificates and licence(s) information under the education section), and we’ll be in touch. Interviews will start immediately so don't delay sending through your resume. Applications close 2nd October 2022.
Please contact Glenda Kerr on or phone (07) 3822 0811
If you meet the above criteria and you’re interested in contributing to an organisation that values the highest level of quality in everything it sets out to achieve, we want to hear from you!
MiCare is a Child Safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of children.
MiCare says “NO” to Family Violence. We believe that everyone deserves to feel safe, respected, valued and treated as equals.
MiCare is committed to equal opportunity and ensuring the workplace is reflective of the community. We encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability.
No recruitment agencies please