Our vision is to transform how the world uses information to enrich life for all.
Join an inclusive team passionate about one thing: using their expertise in the relentless pursuit of innovation for customers and partners. The solutions we build help make everything from virtual reality experiences to breakthroughs in neural networks possible. We do it all while committing to integrity, sustainability, and giving back to our communities. Because doing so can fuel the very innovation we are pursuing.
JR31017 Field Service Technician (Evergreen)
As a Field Service Technician at Micron Technology, you will successfully classify customer-reported problems through the accurate use of resolution, system, and keywords. You will then meet specified timelines according to case priority. You will identify and monitor recurring problems in order to document and/or report them to the Engineering group for resolution. You will also contribute to establishing and maintaining a compliant desktop environment by repairing and providing preventative maintenance of personal computers and related systems. Provide first level support for local servers and have access to IT network diagram.
Responsibilities and Tasks
• Meet timelines according to priority.
◦ Priority 1 – contact customer immediately, begin working on problem as soon as possible.
◦ Priority 2 – contact customer within 1 hour, begin working on problem within 2 hours.
◦ Priority 3 – contact customer within 12 hours, begin working on problem within 24 hours.
• Ensure customers and co-workers are kept abreast on the incident status by providing detailed daily incident documentation.
• Update and refer to the Worldwide Knowledgebase and the Field Services Best Practice Library
◦ Read technical articles and entries about common fixes/bugs to stay current.
• Support uptime targets, warranted by Security Operations, by properly classifying workstations by Managed Level, PC Type, Windows patch level, and up-to-date anti-virus system.
• Perform all installations, upgrades, and backups of software and hardware applications.
• Troubleshoot software and hardware failures and identify network problems when they relate to PCs.
• Provide high-level customer service.
◦ Conduct computer system moves.
◦ Possess knowledge of area-specific downloads and department procedures.
◦ Assist other IT support groups as needed.
◦ Maintain an expert level of computer EHS ERT Committee Member. MMP IT Risk Assessment PICk Assessment PIC
About Micron Technology, Inc.
We are an industry leader in innovative memory and storage solutions transforming how the world uses information to enrich life for all . With a relentless focus on our customers, technology leadership, and manufacturing and operational excellence, Micron delivers a rich portfolio of high-performance DRAM, NAND, and NOR memory and storage products through our Micron and Crucial brands. Every day, the innovations that our people create fuel the data economy, enabling advances in artificial intelligence and 5G applications that unleash opportunities — from the data center to the intelligent edge and across the client and mobile user experience.
Please note that in order to assist in providing a safe and healthy workplace for all Micron team members, new employment offers for jobs based in India, Malaysia, Singapore, and the , are contingent upon the applicant’s provision of a copy of their COVID-19 vaccination document to Micron on a confidential basis prior to their scheduled start date confirming that they have completed the COVID-19 vaccination process, subject to any written request for medical or religious accommodation and to the extent permitted by applicable law.
To learn more, please visit
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
To request assistance with the application process and/or for reasonable accommodations, please contact
Micron Prohibits the use of child labor and complies with all applicable laws, rules, regulations, and other international and industry labor standards.
Micron does not charge candidates any recruitment fees or unlawfully collect any other payment from candidates as consideration for their employment with Micron.