The Kitchen Steward (dishwasher) is responsible for the cleanliness, sanitation, and organization of the kitchen and dishware, glassware, etc. The Steward oversees and maintains a proper functioning dish area while also keeping a clean and safe work area for everyone. Reporting to the Executive Sous Chef, under the immediate direction of the Steward Supervisor, the Steward is an essential team player within the kitchen and across the organization. The cleanliness of the kitchens and dishware are essential to WOW our guests with unforgettable experiences at Boise Centre.
Boise Centre is Idaho's premier event venue, our mission is to WOW our guests with unforgettable experiences. Our team of passionate, creative professionals are devoted to excellence in food, service, amenities and venue management.
WHY WORK AT BOISE CENTRE?
- Flexible part-time schedule with a wide variety of hours, potential availability for a full-time position with benefits in the future
- State-of-the-art kitchen equipment
- Opportunities to grow within Boise Centre
- Ability to cross train with other departments at Boise Centre
- Employee assistance program
- Complimentary meals provided to the employee while working events (with meal service)
- Phenomenal team atmosphere and professional culture
- Starting at $16 per hour depending on experience
Bilingual abilities are a plus (Spanish/English)
WHAT DO STEWARDS (DISHWASHERS) DO?
- Washes, organizes, and stores all china, glassware, tableware, and cooking utensils and ensures they are clean to Boise Centre standards
- Ensures the dish room and all kitchen areas are clean, organized, and well maintained
- Uses and maintains all dish and kitchen equipment according to manufacturer and Boise Centre guidelines
- Monitors chemical levels and temperature of equipment
- Sets up, utilizes, and tears down dish breakdown stations for banquets
- Supports kitchen staff and assists with food preparation when necessary
- Practices food safety and sanitation in accordance with Boise Centre standards, local, state, and federal laws
- Must be willing to complete Idaho Food Handlers Permit (free online at https://foodsafetyexams.dhw.idaho.gov/), or already possess a ServSafe certification
- Ability to perform heavy manual labor for extended periods, safely operate equipment and exposure to food grade chemicals, and withstand hot steamy room for long periods of time
- Good peripheral vision and dexterous with both hands
- Frequently will: stand and walk for long periods of time; bend, stoop, kneel, and twist; reach and use of ladders, stools, and stairs; lift, push and pull up to 50 pounds
- May be exposed to moderate noise levels
Must be willing to work outside of normal business hours, long hours, weekends, evenings, and holidays