- Reimbursed mileage for travel between clients
- Paid over the award rate, from $26.35 p/h
- Paid for completing training & attending meetings
- Allowances, including phone and broken shift
- Portable long service leave
- All personal protective equipment provided
- Direct support from the friendly Service Coordination and Care Management teams
- Refer a Friend bonus
- Save on tax with generous salary packaging benefits -Novated leasing, general living expenses, regional area benefits, meal entertainment, Holiday Accommodation and Venue hire
- We support Career Progression - Scholarship programs, student placement and internal promotion opportunities
- Employee wellness portal – discounted memberships (e.g. gym, spa)
- Access our Employee Assistance program - Confidential free counselling support with any issue, personal, work, financial or legal.
- Eligible staff receive insurance benefits like income protection from our Superannuation provider
We are looking for an experienced Personal Care Assistant to support elderly continue living in their own home!
Your must be available for at least 10 hours per fortnight
Monday to Friday (negotiable)
The Carer supports in Warragul
Permanent part time position
SCHADS 2010 (paid above award)
+ 10.5% Superannuation + Not for profit Packaging
About us ...
MiCare is proud to be a culturally and linguistically diverse organisation. A large part of our work is assisting people from a non-Australian background and we respect their culture, their history, their language and tastes, and their stories.
We are here for everyone believing that all people have the right to be respected and their differences celebrated.
We are committed to ensure that the MiCare client’s quality of life is enhanced through their relationship with MiCare. Your excellent interpersonal skills will enhance MiCare’s position as a provider of choice particularly for migrant communities.
About the role ...
Caring for the elderly in their homes allows you to spend one on one time with our diverse clients. You might be required to help with their personal care or home care duties throughout the day or help them connect with their community through activities and appointments.
With numerous clients living in their own home MiCare requires experienced Carer/Support Worker to deliver a range of aged care ‘Support at Home’ services. Each persons’ needs are unique therefore services vary from support with personal care, light housework, meal preparation, shopping, transport to appointments, community engagement and respite care.
About you ...
You will have a flexible, caring, patient attitude and an ability to work in a professional and proficient manner.
Qualifications and Experience
- Cert III in Aged Care or Equivalent/higher
- Current First Aid and CPR certificates
- Victorian drivers licence, insured & roadworthy vehicle
- Smartphone, access to computer (printer/scanner/fax)
Skills & Experience
- A true passion and ability to support client’s in their home
- Ability to communicate in a language other than English preferable but not essential
- Excellent customer service
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An eye for detail, thoroughness in completing tasks
A police check with no disclosable outcome, medicare evidence of current flu vaccination and full COVID-19 vaccination is required by MiCare for this position.
How to apply ...
Please submit a copy of your cover letter and resume. Complete your work history and education information on the application page (you are encouraged to detail any certificates and licence(s) information under the education section), and we’ll be in touch. Interviews will start immediately so please don't delay sending through your application. Applications Close strictly 23rd September 2022.
Please contact Renee Goodman on , 0432 006 780
If you meet the above criteria and you’re interested in contributing to an organisation that values the highest level of quality in everything it sets out to achieve, we want to hear from you!
MiCare is a Child Safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of children.
MiCare says “NO” to Family Violence. We believe that everyone deserves to feel safe, respected, valued and treated as equals.
MiCare is committed to equal opportunity and ensuring the workplace is reflective of the community. We encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability.
No recruitment agencies please