Campus Dining is committed to the success of our students, faculty, staff, alumni, and visitors by nourishing them to be their healthy best while caring for the environment. If you are a cook by profession, love working with top ingredients, are a student at heart, and believe that community engagement happens around food, we'd love to hear from you! We welcome team members who share our passion for serving and caring for our community through exceptional dining experiences. In collaboration with our campus partners, we craft culinary programs that deliver unique memorable experiences. Campus Dining brings together expertise in culinary, wellness, sustainability, procurement, and hospitality to develop innovative programs in support of our diverse community. Our award-winning food program is based on scientific and evidence-based principles of healthy sustainable menus that are prepared by our culinary team with high-quality ingredients.
We invite you to be part of our dynamic culinary team, grow as an individual and make an impact in a place where people, quality and value mean everything.
The Cook will prepare the food requirements of the daily menu with concern for quality, appeal, presentation, cleanliness, safety, and cost. Responsible for maintaining the kitchen in a clean, safe, and orderly fashion.
Starting Hourly Rate -$19.76
Why work at Princeton?
- Paid Time Off (including vacation, sick time, and 11 University holidays)
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance Benefits (Effective on your first day)
- Employee Child Care Assistance Program
- Employee Tuition Assistance
- Children's Educational Assistance Plan (Up to a $20,000 tuition grant for college)
- Continued Career Development & Growth Opportunities
- Commuter Benefits Program (50% Transit Subsidy/NJ Transit Bus Pass/Carpool)
- Free Uniforms & Meals
- Retiree Medical Plans
- Employee Referral Program- Earn up to $500 Bonus
- Culinary Boot Camp
- Responsible for the preparation and presentation of a full variety of foods for the menu, including soups, sauces, casseroles, stir fry's, meats, cold foods, and vegetables. Adheres to standardized recipes; established portion sizes; and quality, taste, and presentation standards as set forth by the Department of Campus Dining.
- Assists in the ongoing training of kitchen personnel.
- Maintains the kitchen, kitchen equipment, and related areas in a safe and sanitary condition at all times. Corrects or reports any safety and sanitation hazards.
- Adheres to the policy of “clean as you go.” Assists in the daily, weekly, and periodic cleaning and maintenance duties.
- Maintains the storage areas, utilizing proper storage techniques, including enforcing an FIFO (first in/First out) policy for all foodstuffs.
- Is familiar with all food preparation procedures including the regular use of standardized recipes, batch cooking, portion control charts, production sheets, and service summary reports.
- Maintains and enforces the established energy conservation techniques and guidelines.
- Adheres to the policies and procedures of the Department of Dining Services and Princeton University.
- Assists with production, service, and clean-up of special functions on and off campus.
- Performs other tasks as directed by university management.