The heart of Boston Ballet is the human experience. Through our living and breathing art, we forge human connections—between artist and attendee, teacher and trainee, friend and newcomer, one's outer and inner self. We believe that the community of employees that makes dance possible is better together when talented individuals with varied life experiences, identities, races, cultures, and ideas are welcomed, encouraged, and heard.
As an internationally-acclaimed company, Boston Ballet is ever-evolving and innovating to stay relevant and ahead of the curve—in our business model, our repertoire, our education, and our engagement with our community.
The Donor Services Officer is vital in providing highly personalized customer service for Boston Ballet's top supporters and ensuring delivery of benefits for members in our annual giving societies.
The Donor Services Officer stewards Boston Ballet's top stratum of individual donors by working independently and using their own judgement on special ticket handling services, donor recognition procedures, and benefit fulfillment strategies. They work collaboratively with members of the development and marketing teams and is Development's chief liaison with the Box Office.
- Process all special ticket handling requests for donors of $2,500+
- Serve as liaison to the Box Office for Development, ensuring smooth processing from initial requests through to delivery of tickets
- Manage VIP subscription requests, with concentrated focus from April-August, and coordinate available seating in the Opera House Dress Circle Center section for development use
- Maintain "Run-of-Show" listings for individual and corporate donors to track VIP seating and backstage tours, for distribution to key Ballet and Opera House staff
Special events and tours
- Arrange and coordinate all backstage tours for donors and major prospects
- Serve as key representative in the Opera House's VIP lounge when during Company productions, such as check-in for opening night celebrations
- Assist with donor events throughout the season, including as a staff representative onsite and during the planning stages as needed
- Collaborate with relationship managers to provide support for donor stewardship, including administering benefits for Trustees, Advisors, and Emeriti, as well as Benefactors' Circle members and major gift donors
- Update fundraising database with new and current biographical, relationship, affiliation information, and contact notes when new information is obtained
- Manage the On Pointe Society, a donor loyalty society that recognizes donors that have contributed consecutively to Boston Ballet for 10+ years