Cyient is a global engineering and technology solutions company. As a Design, Build, and Maintain partner for leading organizations worldwide, we take solution ownership across the value chain to help clients focus on their core, innovate, and stay ahead of the curve. We leverage digital technologies, advanced analytics capabilities, and our domain knowledge and technical expertise, to solve complex business problems.
With over 15,000 employees globally, we partner with clients to operate as part of their extended team in ways that best suit their organization’s culture and requirements. Our industry focus includes aerospace and defence, healthcare, telecommunications, rail transportation, semiconductor, geospatial, industrial, and energy.
- We are looking for an experienced Fiber Design-Principal Consultant (Leadership role) with 15+ years of experience with strong telecommunication Outside Plan (OSP) background from design to deployment background to join our Comms-FixedLine Engineering Practice Group
- Should play a key role by supporting Fiber Plan and Design Engineering’s Proof of Concept (POC) projects, Large Fiber rollout Projects, Technical Support, Capability Building and identify adjacent Fiber services areas (e, g; 5G/Fiber Equipment Testing).
- Act as Senior SME for Automation/ Solutions Development and Educate the Fiber design team on various fiber network architectures (FTTx, FTTH, FTTB, FTTC, etc)
- As a Senior SME, you will be responsible for building winning technical teams, and Very Good Knowledge and Experience in Planning and Engineering Applications (any of two applications) such as AutoCAD, ArcGIS, Network Engineer, G/Comms AT&T- ARAMIS DT/ BSTCAD/OPTINT & G/Comms, Smallworld PNI, QGIS, and Open source Technologies.
- Good to have knowledge of Fiber design and deployment in 5G, Rail, SmartGrid, SmartCity, Mining domain and emerging technology IOT, 5G, AR/VR areas
- Be a thought leader in this space and help the organization define new services/frameworks that can be taken to the market.
- Roles & Responsibilities
- Should have a strong telecommunications background to understand the different network design scenarios, which including Outside Plant Design /fiber plan and design experience which includes Understanding Field Survey Knowledge, High-Level Design. Low-Level Design, As-Build Design, Traffic Control Plan, & BAU Designs
- Should have adequate expert knowledge in FTTx network topologies and designing specifications for fiber rollout from a client’s and its business model.
- Should have adequate expert knowledge of various FTTx architectures and xPON models with Business cases with maximized returns to support the operator’s plan and rollout strategies.
- Should work with customers on existing plan and design network (greenfield or brownfield) scenario (processes, practices, technologies, applications, and systems) to create an ‘as is’ baseline and visualization of the business requirements as well as the ‘to be’ scenario
- Should support pre-sales activities such as propose solutions, project sizing, coordination of PoCs / pilot projects, and all the related documentation (statement of qualification, capability documents, case studies, presentations, and white papers)
- Analysis of the customer issues and concerns, industry trends, and regulatory standards and compliances, etc. and provide thought leadership and help operators
- Play a key role in the development of proposal preparation in terms of process definition/solution framework, estimation, risk identification, assumptions, etc.
- Be a partner to delivery teams, sales teams, and customers and drive resolution of technical challenges during set-up, execution, and final delivery
- Coach and mentor team members on technical aspects and groom future technical leaders in the team
- Be a thought leader in this space and help the organization define new services/frameworks that can be taken to the market
- Identify opportunities for automation by leveraging the latest software and digital technologies
- Should have expert Knowledge for analyses the existing copper/fiber or civil infrastructure network designs and implement designs for work permits and for construction packs
- Should have Expert Knowledge in Design and drafting of North America/Europe/APAPC telecom network architecture and design components such as underground, buried, and Arial network along with associated civil infrastructure structure and equipment like Manhole, Handhole, Street Cabinets, Splice closure, Conduit, Poles and fiber split & routes
- Responsible for Building Competency specific (Specific: AT&T Light Gig Program) and shaping and defining the project’s objectives and involve in supporting key decision-making activities and pilot projects and technical leadership to design teams and ensure understand design specifications from different markets and implement in the designs and delivery to the clients
- Should have Expert Knowledge in understanding field engineering /LIDAR data to analyze and perform redlining/ as-built design fiber designs
- Nice to have Expert Knowledge & Hands-on Experience in AT&T-specific design tools such as ARAMIS, MIC, CFAS, OCALC, BST-CAD, AutoCAD, & QGIS.
- As an SME & Delivery Lead, develop a framework OR a platform for best practices and conducts R&D to support design teams and also automation/solution groups within the company
- As an efficient team builder, mentor & train on AT&T designs tools, and supervise the team to deliver better insights and consistently coordinating the efforts of the team members to deliver the engineering design and its relevant reports
- Should also be able to play an individual consultant role in the Plan to Build process, thus read the AS-IS process and should be able to propose a TO-BE process involving process re-engineering and automation functions
- Responsible for driving quality initiatives including proactively identifying internal and external design quality issues, and educate and implement quality feedback and improve the quality of designs
- Responsible for driving increased productivity, delivery excellence, and utilization across the geography through automation and competency building, and organization initiatives.
- Lead and work with managers/leads and improve project health KPIs, maintain healthy project utilization, and resource and revenue forecasting and drive project-specific training and close ASIP
- Should be able to efficiently coordinate with all the accounts in the telecom unit and should be able to identify the problem statement, develop PoCs for the identified justifiable solution, and Demo/ present it to the team and should serve as a major stakeholder in case of any proposals/ RFPs in this space
- A Flexible, focused, strong & proactive analytical skill set with effective verbal and written communication skills and means to explain business/ technical information to clients, vendors, senior management, and team members are must-haves to succeed.
- Ensure that deliverables are technically sound, deliverable, competitive, and representative of market leadership, to address business issues or outcomes
- Should be able to produce an executive report whenever required on the progress of the initiative and also should take the responsibility to bring in this new business line to the existing business lines as needed
Skills & Experience:
- Should have a real-time Fiber Plan & Design Engineering background either the telecom service provider or EPC or Design Consultancy Company.
- Can-do attitude, problem-solving skills, negotiation skills, and business commercial acumen. leadership skills, relationship-building skills, process re-engineering, automation skills, and effective presentation skills.
- Should have Fiber plan & design business delivery and business process consultant experience including the filed survey, high and low-level network design, and as-built design and construction designs. BOM/BOQ reports.
- Should have Fiber Plan & Design Engineering Tool Knowledge Including AutoCAD, G/Tech, Smallworld PNI, NE and in addition to AT&T Engineering Applications in ARAMIS-DT, BST-CAD. MIC, CFAS, OCALC, ,AutoCAD, OptiNT, LFACS, , GRANITE, and OCALC.
- Focus on execution & responsiveness to internal and external customers/stakeholders and demonstrated a sense of ownership and analytical skills.
- Ability to network, collaborate with, and influence large and diverse teams/stakeholders. Experience working effectively in matrix org structure.
- Able to effectively balance local and global priorities as well as short-term and longer-term objectives.
- The candidate should have excellent written, oral communication, and presentation skills. Demonstrated capability of handling, difficult decisions.
- Flexible and adaptive and demonstrate a desire to operate in a dynamic and high-growth environment.
- A degree in Engineering and Management from a recognized University and an MBA from a leading business school would be preferred.
- Preferred will be given for Certified Fiber to the Home Professional (CFHP) or Project Management Professionals (PMP)