The Town of Vail is seeking to hire the following positions:
- Emergency Services Dispatch (911) $28.42 - $36.95 ($26.17 starting wage during training)
- Heavy Equipment Operator I $25.07 - $32.59 per hour
Skills / Requirements
Vail is a guest service oriented and resort destination community. We realize that to set the standard for world-class alpine resorts, our employees make all the difference! That is why we are looking for passionate individuals who strive for excellence in all that they do. Qualified applicants must be self motivated and have the ability to work individually without direct supervision to accomplish multiple tasks.
In addition they must meet the following requirements:
- High school diploma or GED
- Working knowledge in multiple areas of public works operations (IE: road construction, heavy equipment operations, trash removal, drainage maintenance, sign fabrication, special events, etc.)
- Hands-on experience in safely operating loaders, backhoes, dump trucks and all pieces of equipment from small hand tools to the large pieces of equipment.
- Flexible schedule; including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Experience working with the public.
- Commercial Driver’s License (or ability to obtain) with good driving record required.
Position has exposure to the outdoors in all weather conditions and all types of equipment noise, traffic, chemicals and fumes. Stooping, standing, kneeling and lifting is required the entire shift.
- Parking Attendant & Overnight Parking Attendant $20.00 - $23.61 per hour
- Planner I or II $63,036 - $99,725 DOE
- Electrical Supervisor / Master Electrician $36.07 - $47.61 DOE
- Maintenance Worker II $21.85 - $28.41
- Wildland Assistant Engine Module Leader $32.11 - $41.75 DOQ