NSW, City of Sydney Aquatic & Leisure Facilities - Sydney 2000
Gunyama Park Aquatic and Recreation Centre, Zetland
Andrew (Boy) Charlton Pool, Woolloomooloo
Cook+Phillip Park Pool, Sydney
Ian Thorpe Aquatic Centre, Ultimo
Prince Alfred Park Pool, Surry Hills
Victoria Park Pool, Broadway
- Multiple roles and employment type to suit your lifestyle
- Not qualified we can assist you to support your training
- Our lifeguards enjoy the benefits of our centres
We are recruiting now and training enthusiastic individuals to join our lifeguard teams that help connect community our centres across the City of Sydney at Belgravia Leisure. We proudly manage six iconic Aquatic and Fitness Leisure Centres that you can choose to work for including outdoor centres and indoor. Come check them out here https://www.cityofsydney.nsw.gov.au/pools.
Do you see yourself at one these greats sites?
- Andrew Boy Charlton
- Cook and Phillip Park
- Prince Alfred Park
- Ian Thorpe Aquatic Centre
- Gunyama Park Aquatic and Recreation Centre
- Victoria Park Pool
Are key members of our Centre’s Operations Team and are responsible for ensuring the safety of swimmers and patrons at our aquatic facilities, including 50m, leisure and hydrotherapy pools. Key to the role is conveying information with authority and acting as a positive role model for healthy and connected communities, while maintaining a fun and safe environment for all.
Help save lives through:
- Assisting with supervision of our aquatic patrons and routine patrols ensuring safety of your designated areas
- Partnering with Royal Life Saving with Keep Watch Policy while promoting a culture of safety to aquatic patrons
- Assist in range of pool maintenance duties to maintain a clean and safe site
- Acting urgently when needed to assist patrons in the event of an emergency
- Adhering and leading with centre emergency action plans and procedures
Skills and Experience
- Experience as a strong swimmer
- Knowledge of lifesaving methods and procedures, first aid and standard resuscitation measures
- Regulations for conduct of the public at pools
- Current First Aid and CPR Certificate
- Royal Life Saving NSW Lifeguard Certificate
- Obtain a valid Working with Children Check
- National Police Check clearance
These roles (multiple) can be offered either full-time, part-time or casual basis to suit your lifestyle. If you are not qualified but have suitable background to match this role, we will support your training. We want to hear from you, express your interest and join to us today.
We are committed to providing a child safe environment. Please refer to our child safety framework. Successful applicants will be required to obtain a national police check and a Working with Children check.
Belgravia Leisure is a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTQIA+ people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability. We're happy to adjust our recruitment process to support accessibility needs - reach out to us at .