Western Bagel® started with a simple dream, a dream to provide good bagels to a bagel-barren West Coast. Seventy years later, with ten retail locations, as well as national and international wholesale distribution. With the help of exciting and loyal employees who support us, Western Bagel® has become “The Bagel That Won The West®”. NOW WE WANT YOU TO JOIN OUR TEAM as a MAINTENANCE MECHANIC TEAM MEMBER in our VAN NUYS location.
As a full-time employee you are eligible to receive excellent benefits which include;
- Excellent starting wage
- Comprehensive Healthcare Benefits (Health, Medical, and Vision)
- Generous Holiday and Vacation
- Free Bagels!
- 2nd Shift
- 3rd Shift
- Weekend availability
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Maintenance Mechanic must diagnose and repair faulty equipment while working under pressure and with compressed timelines.
- Perform preventive maintenance inspections and service on machines; record/report on damaged, worn, or broken parts.
- Clean and organize daily inventories, and stocks, and otherwise maintain shop areas, parts, tools, and supplies.
- Make necessary modifications and implement test runs as necessary.
- Confer with product manager regarding test results and make additional alterations to machinery as required.
- Assist with tile and masonry repair.
- Learn and execute common food handling safety requirements.
- The Maintenance Mechanic must be able to read schematics, diagrams, service manuals, and blueprints.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- The Maintenance Mechanic must have at least 3+ years of maintenance experience in a bakery and/or food & beverage manufacturing environment performing mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, minor electrical, plumbing, and carpentry-related tasks.
- Mechanically inclined with great problem-solving skills and a strong knowledge of a variety of hand and power tools, meters, and material handling equipment.
- Ability to interact with others in a professional, tactful and sensitive manner.
- Effective communication and organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
- The Maintenance Mechanic must have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment and to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Basic computer literacy skills and the ability to update facility maintenance systems.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, as needed.
- Some vocational or community colleges with related coursework or equivalent experience are required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT (SUMMARY)
While performing the duties of this job, the Maintenance Mechanic is regularly required to sit; use hands to grasp, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The Maintenance Mechanic frequently is required to walk, stand, stoop, kneel and crouch. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Maintenance Mechanic to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Work is regularly performed in a combination of bakery and shop environments. The Maintenance Mechanic is regularly exposed to dust, odors, oil, fumes, noise, water, heat, and cold temperatures below 0 degrees.