10x Genomics was founded to deliver powerful and reliable tools that fuel key scientific discoveries and drive exponential progress in our mastery of biology to advance human health. Our talented team has a distinguished record of creating innovative instruments, reagents, and software that analyze biological systems at a resolution that matches the complexity of biology.About The Role
The Software Delivery Engineering team creates software processes, tooling and infrastructure which allow software engineers across the company to develop, test, and ship highly robust and performant software.
A background in biology or life sciences is NOT
required to be successful here. We look for smart, motivated and collaborative engineers who love solving problems and making a direct impact on an inspiring mission.
As a Staff Software Engineer on the Software Delivery Engineering team, you will engage with other software engineers and computational biologists across the organization to learn about their workflows, challenges, and the systems they are building. You will take this knowledge and your passion for building great software to create processes, tools and infrastructure that accelerate our pace of innovation. You will be responsible for the complete life-cycle of the software you create, including development, testing, and support. You are the engineer that other engineers can count on; you are technically excellent, you attack every problem with enthusiasm, you care deeply about what it takes to build high quality software. You are a self-starter, team player, have the hunger to venture quickly into unknown areas, code and make the system work.What You Will Be Doing
- Build and maintain software processes, tools and infrastructure
- Own all aspects of software engineering and product development
- Act as a responsible engineer for various software products
- Deep dive into your users' problems and find efficient solutions
- Provide strong technical leadership and a focus on continuous improvement
Preferred Skills And Experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, math, or scientific discipline and 4 years of software development experience; OR 6 years of professional experience building software
About 10x Genomics
- Excellent understanding of computer science fundamentals
- Demonstrated disciplined and rigorous software engineering practices
- You understand the importance of software processes in service of engineering
- You understand the importance of testing
- Deep understanding of testing, build, continuous integration, deployment & continuous monitoring
- Experience with build systems (Bazel, Make) and package management
- Expertise with Linux, Docker, Kubernetes
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It is a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they did not even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across biology including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented people driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists and clinicians to make new strides. We are dedicated to finding the very best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
Individuals seeking employment at 10x Genomics are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
10x does not accept unsolicited applicants submitted by third-party recruiters or agencies. Any resume or application submitted to 10x without a vendor agreement in place will be considered unsolicited and property of 10x, and 10x will not pay a placement fee.