Reporting to the Director of North America Connection Systems engineering, the Senior Product Development Engineer (Connectors) will be responsible for managing the 3D model development (50% of day) along with 2D print development and library release (15% of day) of high voltage connection systems.
Leads the engineering activity for assigned programs to ensure that products meet customer and company specifications and that program milestones are achieved. Responsible for coordinating and monitoring the engineering process and for providing direction as required. Will typically be responsible for managing or leading a group of support engineers.
Development activities includes, but are not limited to:
3D CAD proposals, DOE with prototyping, preparing DFMEAs, material selection, managing the FEA and making design changes, drawings and stackups, plant support (design for manufacturing) and service manual development.
• Experience with high voltage connection system product development (design attributes and industry specifications)
• 3D modeling capability (CATIA V5, Solid works, or UG); (Able to use CAD as a design review tool at a minimum)
• Knowledge of part design for progressive die and injection molding.
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment
• Perform or support customer and Internal drawing releases.
• Self-motivated communicators
• Information sharing
• Able to work within a diverse global team with varying levels of experience.
• Lead a team of designers and lab technicians to the desired project design goals.
• Able to follow APQP processes for project documentation
Ability to bench test for EMI shielding effectiveness.
Run mechanical simulations with primary CAD packages (Catia, Solidworks)
Experience with benchmarking