Established in Taiwan in 1974, Foxconn Technology Group (Foxconn) is the world’s largest electronics manufacturer. Foxconn is also the leading technological solution provider, and it continuously leverages its expertise in software and hardware to integrate its unique manufacturing systems with emerging technologies. By capitalizing on its expertise in Cloud Computing, Mobile Devices, IoT, Big Data, AI, Smart Networks, and Robotics / Automation, the Group has expanded not only its capabilities into the development of electric vehicles, digital health and robotics, but also three key technologies –AI, semiconductors and new-generation communications technology – which are key to driving its long-term growth strategy and the four core product pillars: Consumer Products, Enterprise Products, Computing Products and Components and Others.
Do you think Electric Vehicles are cool? Are you someone who wants to make a difference? This might be the opportunity for you!
As a General Assembly Diagnostic Engineer, you will be responsible for flashing modules, testing, calibrating, setup, troubleshooting and diagnostic of EV supervisory controls software and its functions. The role includes creating test environment, maintaining regression tests to ensure functionalities for each release of new vehicle hardware and embedded software for the vehicle build in the assembly plant located in Ohio.
This role provides exciting opportunity for the candidate to be part of Foxconn’s EV journey and grow with it.
- Develop test and validation plan coinciding with industry standards and functional safety requirements such as ISO 26262 (Road Vehicles – Functional Safety).
- Create and implement Design Verification Methods, test cases and validation criteria to test coverage of component requirements of EV powertrain system.
- Develop toolchains and methods to automate testing and perform data analysis to improve efficiency.
- Support and own validation sign-off for software release.
- Troubleshoot systems using vehicle interface tools (Vector, Kvaser, PEAK-System) and lab equipment such as oscilloscope, power supplies and multimeter.
- Perform debugging and failure analysis of complex hardware and software interactions.
- Drive design and calibration change focused on attributes such as efficiency, drivability, thermal, NVH, performance, and durability.
- Track issue and drive root cause identification and resolution with cross-functional teams.
- Create test cases for new features and technology.
- Coordinate and participate in environmental and track testing activities.
- Communicate with software, mechanical and electrical engineers to proactively identify problems and gaps in test.
- Document results and track issues in concise reports.
- Develop diagnostic coverage requirement.
- Design and build test benches to validate high voltage and low voltage system.
- Perform analytical and simulations on demand.
Education and Ideal Experience
- BS or higher in Engineering or equivalent automotive industry experience.
- In-depth knowledge of automobile communication networks, such as CAN, LIN.
- Experience with vehicle interface tools (CANalyzer, CANape, CANoe PCAN etc..).
- Experience with automotive hardware and control software testing and validation.
- Good understanding of electric vehicle systems (powertrain, battery, thermal and electronics).
- Knowledge of creating and executing DVP&R (Design Verification Plan and Report).
- Experience with authoring professional reports to present test data and results.
- Able to design, build and maintain tests for custom hardware.
- Strong problem-solving, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication, presentation skills.
- Experience working with SAP system would be a plus.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings/technical requirements/specifications.
- Speak effectively before groups of customers, suppliers, or employees of the organization.
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written and presentation)
- Present to various levels of management with different depth of expertise.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, etc.).
Preferences and Qualifications
- Familiarity with related regulations, FMVSS/SAE standards, and practices
- MATLAB/Simulink/Python experience is a plus
- Experience with hardware-in-the-loop testing and deployment
- Experience troubleshooting and validating electronic hardware system
- Understanding of version control software (Git, SVN, etc..)
- Experience with operating HV tester
- Experience with fault injection testing methodologies
- The successful candidate for this position must have a broad technical background with the ability to work with engineering, manufacturing, suppliers across a wide variety of issues.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are an absolute requirement to establish and maintain professional, effective working relationship within and outside the company.
- Experience working with suppliers, including new launches, and improving underperforming suppliers through supplier improvement programs.
- Demonstrated hands-on approach, analytical abilities, and attention to detail.
- Motivated to learn and develop on-the-job experience.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- The factory has both office area and shop floor area. The noise level in the office area is generally quiet. Wearing of personal protective equipment’s (PPE) when visiting the shop floor or when visiting a supplier’s manufacturing locations is required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Travel is minimal (20%) for this position.
Compensation & Benefits
- Robust health, vision, and dental plans
- Competitive market salary
- Vacation plans and paid time-off
- Retirement and matching 401K
- Family and life insurance options
Foxconn provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Foxconn complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.