Who We Are
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills, and more.
If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
- Software Requirements Engineer III will be responsible to work independently to analyze systems and gather software requirements to drive the research, design and development efforts for our state of the art In Flight Entertainment and Connectivity solutions. The Software Requirement Engineer III will work with system level engineers and architects along with customer interfacing engineers and product owners to drive detailed software requirements following agile methods, that will create innovative solution for our market leading products. Candidate must have enthusiasm and curiosity to learn and should be ready to mentor Jr. Level Requirement Engineers and coach with them to deliver end to end solutions.
- Requirement Analysis and Management
- Analyzes and independently creates detailed software requirements from product and system level specifications
- Reviews, evaluates, and analyzes system requirements, HW requirements and third party interfaces
- Maintains software requirements through various change procedures efficiently through familiarity with software lifecycles
- Participates in Project/User Stories sizing meetings, Sprint Planning, Sprint Retrospective meetings.
- Estimates time effort in man hours for Requirement gathering and documenting Phase for a project or a Sprint.
- Collaborate with project management in planning out major development projects
- Collaborate with development and integration test teams to ensure necessary requirement engineering support through various software lifecycle phases
- Interface with product owners to understand system requirements to help define the software requirements specifications as a technical product owner
- Continues Improvement
- Continuously improve the software requirement processes to ensure quality, timeliness and accuracy of requirements with input from all stake holders
- Mentors Jr. Requirement Engineers and advise them with the Industry best Requirement practice.
- 12 years of experience comprising:
- 3+ years of Agile methodology and scrum experience
- 8+ years of experience in systems analysis and requirement gathering
- 3+ years of software development experience
- Highly Desirable
- Infotainment system development and testing experience highly desirable
- Experience with multimedia application development including streaming audio/video servers and clients highly desirable
- Experience in working with multi-function teams to achieve positive results and perform as a technical expert and a source of information
- Experience in Linux / Android environments with full software lifecycle management
- Experience with TCP/IP network systems a must with network security methodologies highly desirable
- Experience in managing multiple priorities and make efficient use of given resources
- Experience in effectively interacting with Executive Management
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Sciences, Computer Engineering or Software Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Very good knowledge of Agile methodology, terms and Processes.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills to works on software issues
- Solid communication skills including concise written and verbal skills
- Analytical ability to understand highly complex systems consisting of multiple components and domains
- Has a good understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures
- Clear concept of TCP/IP, Embedded Software and Linux and Android environments
- 10% Travel Domestic or International
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What We Offer
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspect of leading our industry is the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive, and flexible benefits program.
- We offer flexible remote work options depending on your role. Where possible, we offer fully remote or hybrid work opportunities.
- Paid time off: Exempt Salaried employees receive unlimited PTO. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees. Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure. All employees receive 11 company-paid holidays per year. We also close our offices at the corporate level in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year. For operational positions that are expected to work on holidays, we provide additional compensation for hours worked.
- Health Insurance: Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI). Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family. Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1
- Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse, and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term Disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
All applicants are subject to Company policies, third-party customer and worksite requirements, and government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19. Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third-party customers, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety-sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation.