As an Assistant Manager, Fine Jewelry Pricing
at The RealReal, you will own the day-to-day pricing of our Fine Jewelry category for our Vendor channel and help manage pricing for the broader FJW category! At the heart of the Merchandising team, you will be responsible for supporting pricing execution, pricing analysis, and providing insights on what is and isn't working to ultimately drive supply. We’re looking for a process-driven individual who has extraordinary attention to detail and a track record of analytical problem-solving to join the team.What You Get To Do Every Day
What You Bring To The Role
- Leverage expertise in fine jewelry market to execute item & cohort level pricing with focus on unbranded fine jewelry
- Perform data analysis to evaluate & implement pricing strategies based on current business and competitive market dynamics
- Partner with Vendor, Merchandising & Planning partners to drive channel growth
- Work closely with internal departments and provide answers to pricing inquiries in a timely and professional manner using thorough research, analytics, and product knowledge
- Partner with our BSA team to develop and maintain pricing algorithms, as well as tools, to drive pricing accuracy and consistency
- Partner with the Vendor team to develop processes for efficiency and accuracy
- Monitor user feedback to help inform pricing decision
Nice to haves:
- 3-5+ years of proven success in merchandising, planning, or related field in a high growth, fast-paced environment
- Passion and a deep knowledge of fine jewelry market products and pricing
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel; experience with G Suite & Looker a plus
- Strong analytical, critical thinking & problem solving skills. Ability to relay verbal and written information concisely & effectively
- Self-starter who can ramp up quickly and is excited to take on new challenges
- Team player who is able to work effectively and collaboratively across multiple departments
- Comfortable and confident making data driven recommendations
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment where the only constant is change
- Must have a passion for creative problem solving and insatiable curiosity
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
- Graduate Gemologist certification from the Gemological Institute of America.
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categories—including women's and men's fashion, fine jewelry and watches, art and home—in support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off and direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI and machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing and listing their items, as well as handling shipping and customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts and receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records. At TRR, People Come First. That’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our Diversity Equity and Inclusion program here.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.