Does this position interest you?
You should apply – even if you don’t match every single requirement! We're known as an auto glass company. That's the focus of what we do. But beyond the glass, we're so much more. We'll help you build a fulfilling career and encourage you to have a life. Let us be the best place you'll ever work.
You’ve probably never thought about working with auto glass for a living – you’re not alone! Our everyday heroes come from all sorts of backgrounds, many of which have little (or no) mechanical experience. If you’re naturally curious and have a customer service mindset, we’ll teach you the rest.
The Technician Trainee
is Safelite’s entry-level preview into the world of vehicle glass repair and replacement. This career-launching opportunity provides a paid, formal training program that teaches everything needed to complete basic repairs and replacements to anyone looking for a hands-on career. Click here to check out what it's like to be a Safelite Technician.What You’ll Get
What You’ll Do
- Competitive weekly base pay starts at $18/hour, increasing to $20/hour after training and certification
- A benefits package valued at more than $10k*. This includes a 401(k) plan with company matching, medical coverage plans customized to suit your needs, and a commitment to work/life balance through our paid time off (PTO) programs, company holidays, and paid volunteer days.
- Up to $5,250 annually in tuition reimbursement.
- Paid training and all the tools and resources you'll need to be successful.
- View all our health, wealth, and life offerings at www.safelitebenefits.com.
What You’ll Need
- Learn to replace & repair vehicle glass (in the classroom and hands on) with a focus on Safelite’s installation standards under the guidance of experienced technicians and Safelite leaders.
- Learn to recalibrate vehicle safety systems utilizing Safelite tools, materials and processes.
- Learn and demonstrate proficiency on Safelite’s tools and technologies.
- Offer additional products and services to customers.
- Consistently deliver service so great, it’s memorable.
- Safely and professionally operate a company vehicle to and from customer sites throughout the workday.
- Age: Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Valid state-issued driver’s license required.
- The ability to operate a Safelite van, following all safety, cleanliness policies, traffic laws, and maintain a safe driving record.
- Flexibility with hours and days trained/worked, as workloads fluctuate.
- Comfort working outside in a variety of weather conditions.
- Present a professional appearance and wear personal protective equipment.
- Physical requirements: lifting and carrying up to 75 lbs. for short periods, working at elevated heights, safely using windshield adhesives, and remaining on your feet for extended periods.
- High School Diploma/GED/Equivalent preferred; ability to read, write and interpret technical directions required.
Already a member of the Safelite team? Apply through your Workday account by searching 'Find Open Jobs'.Diversity:
Safelite welcomes everyone. We value our diverse workforce and suppliers, and we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Learn more at Safelite.com/Careers.
Benefit amounts are estimates only. Actual values will depend on benefit elections during enrollment.