Sorry, this job is no longer available.(Loading More Opportunities)
Essential Job Functions
Quest Global is seeking Design Engineer - Aero candidates to join our high energy, fast-paced, growing team in Indianapolis, IN. The Design Engineer-Aero is needed to support/manage multiple engineering projects (design changes) through the engineering design process across the full product lifecycle - including driving projects to completion, analysis, modeling and other customer and supplier interactions working both locally and with our Engineering teams in India. Additionally, the Design Engineer-Aero will participate and support component level Design Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (DFMEA) efforts, identification and approval of Key Product Characteristics (KPCs), and help assure manufacturing readiness/producibility.
The Design Engineer-Aero must be capable of managing multiple priorities and projects simultaneously while driving for completion through the stages of design approval as well as able to provide rational technical and business justification for the design changes being evaluated. The Design Engineer-Aero must be able to communicate well and present engineering status reports and justification in front of customer design boards and committees during the project. Work both independently and as part of a team with common goal.
- Solid understanding of the inner workings of turbomachinery (gas turbine aero engines).
- Able to work in a fast-paced, learning environment to meet quick deadlines.
- Familiarity with Operations/Process documents, procedures, and records.
- Ability to read-interpret-create CAD based tooling, component, assembly drawings required.
- Skilled in Reading/Appling/Reviewing Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) callouts.
- Understanding of manufacturing equipment and processes (ie. castings, metal cutting, turning, coatings, milling, EDM, welding, sheet metal/composite forming and joining, metal tube bending, castings, metal cutting, turning, coatings, milling, EDM, welding).
- Interaction with manufacturing support processes and systems (ie. inspection, gauging, data collection, records & reporting, first article approvals, non-conformance management).
Secondary Job Functions:
- Execution within multiple services
- Project Management: Execution and Support
- Technical Leadership and Technical Reviews
- Develop work instructions to ensure repeatability
- Cross-functional teams
- Geographic re-assignments
- Quality Management and Continuous Improvement
- Presentations and customer report generation and delivery
- BS degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering.
- 3-7 years of relatable design and manufacturing experience required.
- Experience in risk evaluation techniques (FMECA, DFMEA, PFMEA)
- Experience with customer/supplier interaction preferred.
- Proficiency of the MS Office Suite with good writing skills.
- Experience with NX / Unigraphics, Catia, TeamCenter are a plus, but not required
Physical Requirements & Work Environment:
- Mostly Office Environments, Occasional Shop Floor involvement.
- Substantial amounts of telephone and computer work.
- Heavily Regulated Industries with strict adherence to procedures.
- Flexibility to meet business deadlines by staying late or arriving early.
- Typical 8 hour days plus lunch / 40 hour weeks / core (required) hours are 9 AM to 4 PM
- Ability to use personal transportation to visit customer locations.
- Due to the nature of the work, all candidates must be a U.S. Citizen or US Person/Permanent Resident (Green Card holder).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.