Overnight Machine Operator - $1,000 Sign On Bonus Plus Incentives
Kansas City, 1601 Village West Pkwy, Kansas City, Kansas, United States of America Req #244
Tuesday, August 9, 2022
At Nebraska Furniture Mart (NFM), we’ve been hiring friends since 1937—people who share our passion for helping customers feel right at home. If you share our vision, we invite you to be one of us! People love working here! Named one of Furniture Today’s Best places to work, and here a few reasons why: A FUN, stable work environment, with no layoffs in our history. A safe place to work and shop, development opportunities leading you to the career of your dreams and a culture that encourages volunteering and serving our communities.
Pay Range: $18.30 - 22.77 hourly PLUS INCENTIVES
This position is eligible for a $1,000 sign on bonus
Job Description: Your Piece of the Puzzle
Do you consider yourself a hands-on person? Have you operated a picker, tow-tractor, pole lift, squeeze, or pallet jack? Do you enjoy taking yourself to new heights…literally! If so, our Warehouse Specialist could be the perfect fit for you. You will safely handle and transport our product within our warehouse. This position is eligible for a $150 incentive per pay period and a staffing incentive averaging *$190
Job Duties: A Day in the Life
- Operate: Scan equipment to locate, pick, bin and cycle product
- Safety: Handle product in a safe and secure manner and observe material handling safety practices
- Accuracy: Locate and return-to-stock, received goods and transferred product into appropriate areas
- Report: Conduct driver load exception reports insuring all products have been picked and binned for accountable processes
- Monitor: Track daily progress and immediately report discrepancies, errors or potential roadblocks to supervisor
Your work will directly impact our ability to help people create a lifestyle they love, for the people they love—because that’s what we love.
Qualifications: Can You Check These Boxes?
- Must be 18 years of age
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- 1-year warehouse experience
- Positive, upbeat attitude
- Ability to work in high places
- Machine operations experience preferred
- Ability to lift/push/pull required weights
- Ability to work night, weekend and/or early morning hours based on business needs
- Pre-employment screening includes, but isn’t limited to, criminal background check
Benefits: What’s in It for You?
- As a full-time member of our NFM Family, you will enjoy:
- Competitive pay
- Health, dental, vision and life Insurance
- Paid holiday and paid time off
- Staff discount on merchandise (Collectively, NFM staff has saved almost $2 million on purchases in the last 12 months)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid training
- 401(k) with company matching
- Short and long-term disability
- Employee assistance program
- Career development and advancement opportunities
- Community volunteer opportunities
- Sign on bonus is scheduled to be paid on first paycheck
- Staff member must be employed at the time of payout
- Sign on bonus is taxable
*The $190 staffing incentive is the average paid to staff from May 30 to August 7, 2022. This staffing incentive fluctuates based on staffing.
Nebraska Furniture Mart is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information and to apply for this position please click the APPLY!