We are partnering with an established leader in the parking and facilities management industry with blue-chip clients in the UK and Spain.Its an exciting time to become a member of the team. You will be able to play a crucial role in growing the team and supporting the leadership team in determining the long term digital strategy.
As a principal enterprise architect, you will be accountable for the long term technical strategy of the organisation, working with the product organisation to ensure you are delivering value to the organisation and their clients. You will drive impact by engaging in architectural discussions and ensuring sustainable scalable systems for the organisation at large.
We leverage modern tools and methodologies; some of our tech includes serverless architecture, micro/nano-services, react and python. We utilise tools such as JIRA, Confluence, GitHub, G-Suite, Figma and Miro to support collaboration and product development.
What You Will Do:
- Be a valued technical leader in an autonomous agile department.
- Lead the technical vision and long-term technology strategy.
- Lead and support the engineering areas that comprise the layers of our tech stack.
- Maintain relationships across the full core infrastructure offering with our cloud and development vendors to ensure our needs as a customer are surfaced and prioritised.
- Support in influencing and driving architecture and engineering practices and principles across the company.
- Enable learning and knowledge sharing across the organisation, levelling up our engineering practices and mentoring other specialists.
- Initiate, influence, and drive technical projects across the teams
- Experience delivering technical design artefacts such as architectural diagrams and documentation.
- Oversee solutions to make sure best practices are adhered to optimisation of costs are considered.
- Implement measures and processes to monitor costs, security and compliance.
- Identify the best cloud architecture solutions to successfully meet the strategic needs of the company
- Support the Chief Product Officer in developing and growing the Digital organisation.
Who You Are:
- You have extensive production experience in cloud-native technologies and have led organisations that have built and operated B2B and B2B2C platforms.
- Proven experience as a technical leader. You understand how to lead and inspire others. You actively seek the knowledge of others to inform your decisions.
- Extensive software engineering experience in an agile environment.
- You have experience mentoring and supporting peers and engineering teams, fostering quality engineering practices.
- Possess a deep understanding of how to translate product and business goals into tech strategies.
- A strong understanding of system design, and experience leading engineers. You are conversant in microservice & serverless architectures.
- Able to provide non-bias well structured reasons for my conclusions and present these back to the wider non-technical business.
- In the past, you have solved problems that span across single, multiple products and entire organisations digital systems.
- Possess a strong interest in keeping up with current best practices in cloud-native technologies.
- Extensive knowledge of Cloud Solutions (GCP & AWS).
- Commercial Experience - budget control, forecasting and supplier negotiation
- Experienced in Client and Stakeholder management - being the tech face of the organisation
- Deep understanding of serverless architecture, micro services, data/database design.
- Experience with completing information security questionnaires for client tenders and managing information security testing and certification with specialist vendors.
- Understanding of enterprise applications and payment providers such as Salesforce and Stripe (nice to have).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A proven track record of experience in cloud architecture.
Two days a week in the office which is Hampstead, remote the rest of the week.
6 month contract