About this opportunity
Gleeds have an exciting opportunity for a Building surveyor to be based in our Birmingham or Milton Keynes offices.Responsible for managing building surveying commissions, including surveys, dilapidation advice, party wall advice, and construction projects for new builds, renovations and maintenance works.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supporting business unit directors in delivering business objectives
- Positively engaging with customers and developing, growing, and maintaining customer relationships
- Delivering high quality services and ensuring that building surveying deliverables meet customers requirements
- Managing projects to deliver high quality services and deliverables in accordance with business procedures
- Managing building surveying commissions, including surveys, dilapidation advice, party wall advice, and construction projects for new builds, renovations and maintenance works from feasibility through to design, contract administration to handover and post completion reviews
- Preparing and managing planned maintenance programmes
- Quality monitoring of construction projects
- Planning service delivery in conjunction with the Director with overall responsibility for the project
- Communicating with and providing good sound professional advice to both clients and other project team members
- Ensuring that all quantitative and financial information has been independently checked before issue, including maintaining evidence of independent checks
- Remaining in the remit of your role and when additional responsibilities need to be carried out, conduct this in a fully informed manner with the approval of your line manager
- Producing and presenting to customers
- Managing services delivery for profit
- Advising directors promptly of any issues that have arisen, or that might arise, on projects; in particular those that might impact on Gleeds professional indemnity (PI) insurance
- Identifying new business development opportunities and driving growth across the Business Unit activities
As a Gleeds team member, you will have access to:
- Opportunities to develop and grow your career
- A contributory pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Our global travel scholarship programme
- Flexible working arrangements
Who were looking for:
Experience, Knowledge and Key Skills
- Sound Building Surveying experience post MRICS qualification
- Sound knowledge of construction methods and materials
- Good knowledge of construction procurement strategies, including tendering and contract strategies
- Ability to administer construction contracts as Contracts Administrator and Employers Agent
- Clear understanding of legislation impacting on building contracts
- Clear and effective communication skills both oral and written
- Good organisational skills and the ability to quickly adapt to changes
- Sound problem solving, negotiating skills, financial and numeracy management skills
- Ability to absorb complex information and assess requirements readily
- Sound ICT Skills, with a high level of proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work as part of a team
- MRICS (Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors)
Be part of the extraordinary
Every day at Gleeds, we influence the way people around the world live, work and travel. Delivering on the worlds most iconic projects for globally renowned clients, our teams solve complex problems that shape the future of the built environment.
One of the qualities we value in people, is the ability to think creatively about the solutions we offer to clients. With 71 offices spanning the Americas, Europe, MENA and Asia Pacific our ability to innovate and improve is a product of the varied backgrounds and experience of our people. We welcome new perspectives and ideas.
Above all, we believe that quality relationships sit at the heart of good business. We strive to be the people that seek to understand and bring people together. Wherever we are in the world, our aspiration is to leave a positive legacy for people and local communities, whilst living and breathing our three core values:
- Were committed to our clients and our people
- Were creative and realistic
- We combine professionalism with personality
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications regardless of age, disability, marital status, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status or gender.
We recognise the importance of work/life balance and agree flexible working arrangements to suit each individual.
Gleeds is a gold standard investor in people employer.