Join us a Workforce Planner with the Home Office
(Hybrid / London, Full-Time, Permanent)
At Capita, we support clients across a range of sectors, including local Government, central Government, education, transport, health, life and pensions, insurance and other private sector organisations. We support with expertise applied by the talent across our business in combination with technology, insight and analytics to keep our clients ahead of change, sharper than competitors and more efficient than ever – and we always need new talent to help us achieve our goals.
The Home Office
This role is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and innovative person to be at the forefront of change in one of the great Departments of State. We are delivering significant transformation in order to continue keeping our citizens safe and our country secure. New technology and the fast-evolving nature of the threats we face mean we must adapt, and adapt fast, and with the UK leaving the EU, the need for change is greater than ever.
Britain’s emergency services work 24/7 to serve the public in some of the most dangerous and challenging situations. To help them do their job even better the ESMCP programme is creating the next generation mobile communications network, including secure and resilient voice and broadband data services, which will be used by thousands of front line police officers, paramedics and fire-fighters. This new Emergency Services Network (ESN) will transform how our blue-light services respond to incidents, offering better mobile coverage, leading to faster response times.
The Role of a Workforce Planner:
Within ESMCP, we are currently transforming our approach to Workforce Planning. Our vision is to have an integrated Workforce Planning Model that optimises available data, enabling strategic resource management and decision making. The Senior Workforce Planner will work within the ESMCP People Team.
The Senior Workforce Planning Manager is responsible for the day to day running of all Workforce Planning activity. You will be responsible for establishing a stakeholder network to capture workforce impacts and changes, championing new ways of working to drive automation and streamlining enhancements and the management of localised dashboards to aid workforce reporting, thus enabling senior members of the team to make strategic decisions. You will provide advice and guidance to your stakeholders, align to the overarching workforce strategy and create an environment where continuous improvement is encouraged.
You will have a strong data mindset, great organisational and analytical skills and relish the opportunity to drive critical change as part of an open and collaborative team.
Essential Criteria and competencies:
Typical role responsibilities:
· Leading the creation and management of localised dashboards to aid reporting, enabling Senior Civil Servants to make strategic workforce planning decisions.
· Managing the day to day running of workforce planning activity, championing the use of best practice and ensuring the workforce profile is maintained in near ‘real time’.
· Managing the implication of new systems and processes to enable the capture of workforce impacts as they arise.
· Managing a number of key stakeholders to ensure localised workforce planning activity aligns to the overarching resource strategy and is completed effectively with a consistent approach.
· Providing advice and guidance and foster an open collaborative culture.
· Working with team members and wider stakeholders in order to drive a consistent approach to workforce planning across ESMCP, continuously improving processes, tools and approaches.
· Develop and maintain rolling tactical “in year” forecast in collaboration with the Head of People.
· Complete Metis forecasting activities, reviewing position change requests and updating forecasting tool to project payroll costs.
· Facilitate monthly meetings with key stakeholders including but not limited to Finance and workstream leads to agree approved positions. Feedback any amendments to the system.
· Support workforce planning conversations within the programme to ensure effective transition from consultants to a more sustainable methodology of working.
· Ensure delivery of people data requirements. To ensure that the data provided is accurate, compliant and fit for purpose in achieving the programme transition objectives.
Please note successful applicants will be expected to go through vetting and Security Clearance.
We look forward to hearing from you and wish you the very best of luck with your application.