Executive Support Officer
Member of a team responsible for the provision of professional support service to the Generation business unit.
The business governance team is responsible for:
- The provision of a bespoke technical secretariat service for Generation business unit.
- The production and co-ordination of key reports for internal and external stakeholders.
- Management and delivery of an effective and efficient governance framework.
The primary purpose of this post is to provide efficient, flexible and professional support . This requires the provision of succinct, concise and high quality reports based on the quick and accurate assimilation of significant quantities of data and information.
The support provided ensures that insights are provided in a timely manner, in an appropriate format to facilitate executive level discussions. This supports with the planning, execution and monitoring of plant, operational and business performance. This often requires the provision of guidance to others on the most appropriate information, format and timing of information flow to governance meetings.
Contextual Information (Nature & Scope)
- A member of Business Governance Team reporting to the Business Governance Manager.
- Provides technical secretariat support to the Generation business unit, governance arrangements including senior level boards and committees.
- Collates and distributes key performance information to many levels including board and executive level.
- Uses human performance error prevention tools fully as part of daily work and encourages and support the use of these tools with their colleagues.
- Interact with and support other Business Governance staff, undertakes specified roles, project work and ad hoc work depending on business needs and individual competencies and experience.
- Senior governance and regulatory technical secretary support.
- Administers Company Boards (in conjunction with Company Secretariat)
- Co-ordination, quality review and gatekeeper for Board papers.
- Performs role of to numerous senior governance meetings.
- Facilitates meeting and agenda preparation.
- Tracks and follows up meeting actions.
- Advises on paper format, content and meeting processes.
- Prepares business unit updates
- Develops Terms of Reference for senior level meetings, including supporting the executive in developing and amending governance arrangements.
- Prepares annual rolling programme for agenda topics.
- Shaping and facilitating the Generation business unit governance arrangements and business performance reviews (including meeting Terms of Reference and governance specifications).
- Responds to emergent work requests to produce reports, presentations and inputs to various committees and Boards across Generation.
- Conducts self-assessments and evaluations of core processes which supports the development of the business governance function.
- Support annual assessment activities
- Document and records management and control support.
- Provide support to Internal Control activities such as, but not limited to, annual assessment of Company Processes and Policies, business internal control statements and facilitation of control oversight boards.
- Reports to the Business Governance Manager.
- Extensive levels of Director and senior leadership interactions.
- Wide interaction with people across the Generation business.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- Exceptional communication, influencing and facilitation skills.
- Strong attention to detail combined with an excellent standard of written English.
- Proven ability to understand and communicate both technical and business perspectives on performance issues.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure, with little supervision.
- Strong decision making ability.
- The post holder needs to be resilient and tenacious.