Are you ready to have fun at work? Current opening for a full time, pediatric outpatient Occupational Therapist-Pediatric! Experience in the pediatric outpatient setting, and school-based settings is a plus. This position will offer a mix of clinical and school-based work in the Corona Norco area, and the unique opportunity to utilize hippotherapy, as part of a comprehensive treatment plan. Join our growing team, where our culture puts patients and their whole family first.
Full benefit packages with:
- education reimbursement
- 401K with a match
- PTO and paid holidays available
- Productivity Bonuses
Check out our social media pages for a glimpse on whose lives we get to change everyday, and how much fun we get to have doing it! Our team rocks!
An Occupational Therapist-Pediatric delivers excellent family-centered patient care, that aims to support functional goals and needs of the patient and their family. Occupational Therapists perform assessments and interpretation of evaluations and test results; determining occupational therapy treatment plans in consultation with physicians or by prescription, and carrying out a treatment plan that supports functional improvement across the lifespan. Occupational Therapist-Pediatric Job Duties:
- Provides quality care by assessing and interpreting evaluations and test results; determining occupational therapy treatment plans in consultation with physicians or by prescription.
- Helps patient accomplish goals outlined in treatment plan and effective use of therapeutic devices by administering manual exercises; instructing, encouraging, and assisting patients in performing physical activities, such as functional skills, sensory activities, and daily-living activities.
- Administers occupational therapy treatment; and directing treatments given by aides, technicians, and assistants.
- Completes discharge planning by consulting with physicians, nurses, social workers, and other health care workers; contributing to patient care conferences.
- Assures continuation of therapeutic plan following discharge by designing home exercise programs; instructing patients, families, and caregivers in home exercise programs; recommending and/or providing assistive equipment; recommending outpatient or home health follow-up programs.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records, according to the law.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects clinic operations by keeping information confidential, according to the law.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Develops occupational therapy staff by providing information; developing and conducting in-service training programs.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Participates effectively as a member of the IEP team, but providing these services as part of a comprehensive education plan and in accordance with the written IEP.
Occupational Therapist-Pediatric Skills and Qualifications:
· Licensed in the state of CA. Experience in the pediatric setting. Experience in the school-based setting. Physiological Knowledge, Health Promotion and Maintenance, Creating a Safe, Effective Environment, Motivating Others, Legal Compliance, Quality Focus, Bedside Manner, Clinical Skills, Pain Management, Persistence, Energy Level, time management skills, and Team Player