Sorry, this job is no longer available.(Loading More Opportunities)
Electrical Design Engineer Senior Checker
Electrical Design Engineer Senior Checker
Expleo is a trusted partner for end-to-end, integrated engineering, quality services and management consulting for digital transformation. We help businesses harness unrelenting technological change to successfully deliver innovations that will help them gain a competitive advantage and improve the everyday lives of people around the globe.
We are seeking a highly organised and motivated
The role will involve being responsible for leading design investigations and formulating technical solutions for a range of tasks. As a part of this role you will be the lead and mentor to the engineering team, assisting the development of team members. You will also ensure that design standards and requirements are met and operate as a design authorisation signatory. You will have experience with design approval from the aerospace industry and will have held design check approval.
- Develop, implement, check/approve technical solutions and compliance documentation for work-packages to ensure they are compliant with all relevant customer, regulatory, and airworthiness requirements, within agreed program, schedule, and manufacturing constraints.
- Identify, analyse and resolve technical problems and apply/integrate solutions.
- Develop, execute, and verify methods plans, tool-setsand approaches that are appropriate and compliant to achieve the design and programme objectives.
- Analyse customer tasking documents and define the associated technical solutions as input for bids and proposals within assigned programs/projects.
- Identify and assess technical risk and propose mitigation'srelevant to the work-package within assigned programmes/projects.
- Create and check/approve design definitions of a work-package, including integration, interfaces, dimensions, materials, parts, manufacturing process requirements, assemblies, and tolerances which are compliant to all design requirements and objectives.
- Generate or review, and sign as appropriate the assigned project deliverables, documents, and reports according to the project signature authorisations.
- Mentor and development of engineers within assigned programmes.
- Support with the creation and delivery of training material and initiatives relevant to a work-package/programme.
- Support and participate in technical and customer reviews, including formal gate reviews and in the creation and preparation of technical data and presentations of a work-package.
- Perform all activities at a level of minimal supervision and guide other engineers within the work-package as required.
- Generate and check test specifications/plans and/or alternate means of compliance (analysis/similarity) as required to demonstrate design solution complies with certification requirements.
- Held design approval before example A1020
- Leadership and mentoring.
- Good Communication
- Knowledge of aerospace or previous experience.
- CAD: Catia V5
- DPDS / Primes / PDM Link / VPM
- Teams / Outlook / MS Office
- Experienced Aircraft Designer with tool-setexperience of Catia V5 and Teamcenter
- Demonstrated Checking experience.
- Various Work packages including Embodiment of Modifications.
- 10+ years Experience with working with stakeholders, chief engineers and Local Programmes teams.
- Including adding alternate equipment and wiring, Structural health monitoring (SHM) updates.
- Additional systems Routing and introduction of Obsolescence solutions.
- Harness routings to support New FTI Variants.
- Collaborative working environment we stand shoulder to shoulder with our clients and ourpeers through good times and challenges
- We empower all passionate technology loving professionals by allowing them to expand their skills and take part in inspiring projects
- ExpleoAcademy - enables you to acquire and develop the right skills by delivering a suite of accredited training courses
- Competitive company benefits such as medical and dental insurance, pension, life assurance, employee wellbeing programme, sports and social events, birthday hampers and much more!
- Always working as one team, our people are not afraid to think big and challenge the status quo
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.