Role: 1st and 2nd Line Support Engineer
Reports to: Service Desk Manager
An opportunity has arisen for a Technical Support engineer to join an expanding team, and develop their career in a forward thinking, growing and progressive Managed Service Provider (MSP), who are providing Cloud technology, Hosted services, on site and Remote support provision, consultancy, and support services to their customers
The ideal candidate will have worked in a fast paced, busy customer facing IT support environment, and will have good experience in Cloud based systems such as Azure, and o365 and Windows Active Directory, as well as having basic on-premise networking and server administration skills, who wants to help people, with great customer service.
- Completing technical support tasks and activities in an MSP 1st and 2nd Line Support capacity, solving IT issues remotely, via phone and using remote support tools.
- Problem solving and closing support calls on Cloud based and on-premise systems, and helping customers with issues they raise or have with their laptops, PCs, and MACs.
- Able to triage, troubleshoot (and solve where possible) issues with Servers, firewalls, WIFI and network equipment, escalating issues where necessary once initial triage has been completed
- Building and configuration of Laptops, MACs and PCs to required and standardised setups and procedures
- Answering telephone calls from customers promptly with excellent customer Service skills in a positive, can-do, customer focused manner at all times.
- Recording, managing and closing support calls to ensure quick valid response and resolution, and prevent non-compliance to Service Level Agreements (SLAs) in line with ITIL defined processes
- Visiting Customer sites, for regular visits, ad-hoc requests, proactive visits, desk-side support or projects, as required.
- Deliver outstanding customer service, perception and satisfaction to all customers, at all times
- Deliver great teamwork and communication throughout the IT team, motivating the team to create a positive and professional work environment and deliver excellent IT support services to our customers
- Be involved with, and undertake any other duties in the office, or on site, as requested.
Skills, Knowledge, and Experience:
- 2-3 years hands-on experience troubleshooting user and customer issues in Cloud based and Windows Desktop and Server environments
- Completing daily tasks such as setting up user accounts, MFA, email accounts, security groups, and helping users gain access to their systems and data remotely.
- Ability to build laptops, desktops from scratch and to rebuild, transferring data securely between devices where required
- You must have extensive experience of supporting, administering, and troubleshooting all Office packages such as Teams, OneDrive, SharePoint, and Outlook on Mobile phones, tablets desktops and laptops.
- You should have a good but basic understanding of networking, WIFI, and firewalls, and can triage and troubleshoot network related issues with switches, Firewalls, and Internet Lines
- Should have good experience of on-premise and Cloud based IT systems, especially with Active Directory, Azure products, Office365, and Intune
- Must have working knowledge of supporting regular Backups, and be involved with tape rotation, and restore procedures with Veeam, Symantec and other Cloud based backup vendors
- Must be able to show experience in and can support centrally controlled and standalone Anti-Virus software and should know what and how clients should be proactively managed
- Excellent knowledge of daily security activities such as security updates, password management, MFA and how to react and be proactive to general security related issues
An understanding of basic MAC OS and experience in setup and support issues