Overview of department:
MBDA has a fantastic opportunity for a Cable / Harness Design Engineer to work within our Interconnects team designing bespoke electrical interconnects/cables suitable for the transmission of power, signal and data within and between subsystems in our products. This role can be carried out from Bolton or Stevenage, the advertised rate of up to £45 per hour is an Umbrella rate as this role has been deemed Inside IR35 by the client.
• To do this you will need to interpret sub-system requirements and, from these, generate electrical schematics and cable design definitions on CAD.
• You will need to be able to carry out investigations into a full range of cable problems and issues developing and preparing solutions, either individually or as a member of a project team.
• The role also includes support to manufacturing in order to resolve any manufacturing issues, as well as supporting functional and environmental product trials.
• To design bespoke Electrical Interconnects suitable for the transmission of power, signal and data transmission within and between subsystems in our products in accordance with Technical Lead and project requirements.
• Working across multiple projects to deliver ECAD solutions for SI, SE and manufacturing drawings within the given timescales.
• Supporting the generation of support data such as bundle calculations, voltage drop, pin allocation and manufacturing good practice.
• Experience in cable/harness design, using relevant CAD packages such as HarnWare.( Individuals will require their own a Harnware licence)
• The ability to define cable assembly construction based upon electrical constraints such as current, screening, signal types, volt drop, EMC and environmental requirements.
• An appreciation of cable assembly production/process engineering
• Experience of working collaboratively with other engineering disciplines such as mechanical and electronic design engineers to deliver robust cable assembly design solutions
Recognising the RESTRICTED nature of the work, suitable candidates will be SC cleared or eligible for this level of clearance