Job: Commercial Manager – Supply Chain
Location: Derby or Warrington
Salary: Competitive Salary + Package + Bonus
Do you want to be part of an organisation that will create clean, affordable energy for all? We’re working with Rolls-Royce SMR (small modular reactor) to recruit a Commercial Manager.
Rolls-Royce SMR is a start-up joint special purpose vehicle (SPV) business, specifically created to design, construct and deliver a new fleet of Small Modular Reactors power plants that will be a critical and strategic player in the race to Net Zero carbon emissions globally. Spun out of Rolls-Royce with its pedigree in engineering excellence but also attracting world class inward investment this is an exciting new business with an optimistic opportunity to be a global player in the coming years.
The Supply Chain Commercial Team provides professional support to the Supply Chain team delivering the procurement services to realise the RR SMR Project Objectives ensuring that business agreements are taken, executed and implemented in line with the business requirements and budgets, while mitigating risk appropriately at each stage to ensure compliance with Company policy, processes and legal requirements.
- Create, develop and ensure compliance with policies, procedures, guidelines and contracting infrastructures that meet Commercial best practice, Corporate governance and Commercial Functional requirements.
- Following guidance, interface with specialist departments within the Company to obtain advice and guidance. Evaluate and apply such advice and guidance in a manner appropriate to the situation at hand and to the requirements of the Company.
- Produce or provide input to innovative contracting that will provide opportunities to reduce costs for the Company.
- Identify potential risks and liabilities inherent in subcontracts/partnerships and propose and negotiate amendments to minimize or mitigate same, using judgement in balancing commercial/legal considerations against the requirements of the business, to secure contracts in conformity with Commercial policies and procedures.
- Instruct and administer new and existing business agreements and negotiate resolution of claims, disputes and litigation in order to minimize cost and risk to the Company. Ensure the flow down of head contract terms and conditions to the supply chain and other affected areas of the Company.
- Develop and manage Commercial relationships, internally and with external partners and suppliers as required.
Key Experiences and any Qualifications
- A degree or equivalent or suitable experience and a demonstrated commitment to Continuous Professional Development.
- Proven good interpersonal and organization skills.
- Demonstrated track record of meeting personal objectives and working within demanding timescales
- Bachelor’s Degree in business management, Law or Finance with +6 years experience with managing or negotiating contracts or Masters in Business Management or Law
- Finance with +4 years with managing or negotiating contracts
- Experience in supplier facing role
- Experience with nuclear contracts
- Experience with construction/model forms of contract
For further information please apply online or contact Jack Dawkins at Morson Talent