Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation
Position Title: Downtown Development Intern
Department: Business and Community Development
Reports to: Director, Downtown Development
Position(s) Supervised: N/A
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The WEDC Internship program is designed to offer the intern broad exposure to revitalization, marketing, historic preservation, and program management. The Downtown Development Intern primarily anticipates and supports the needs of internal and external customers to accomplish tasks with little direction required.
The Downtown Development Intern will spend a majority of their time in these activities:
- Maintain and update communication feeds through various sources.
- Assist in coordinating program educational opportunities including registration, marketing and outreach/technical assistance.
- Independently respond to questions and inquiries from internal and external sources concerning departmental activities.
- In collaboration with Downtown Development team, creation of a suite of toolkits on relevant topics for use by program participants.
- Assist with data collection, compilation and tracking regarding program performance.
- Compose, review, approve, edit, and update department materials and communications.
- Assist the department or staff by performing a variety of support duties.
- Attend quarterly organization and regular team/division meetings as schedule permits.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Current enrollment in a degree program related to WEDC services including, but not limited to: Economics, Business Administration, Political Science, Planning, Design or Urban Development.
- Some relevant or equivalent experience in a professional services environment is preferred.
Skills and Talents:
- Ability to organize work, balance multiple priorities, and manage a variety of projects in a fast-paced, flexible work environment with strong attention to detail.
- Strong problem-solving skills, sound reasoning, independent judgment, and initiative to accomplish tasks with little or no direction. Advanced computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite and other software or applications associated with assigned work.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to deal effectively with senior executives, as well as diverse groups of people internal and external to the organization.
- Requires a high level of confidentiality, discretion, and professionalism.
- Based on the responsibilities of this position, this position may need to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.