The Museum Attendant position is a 12-month (part-time) position with possible extension. The incumbent will be required to provide support to the Museum including general office assistance, support for events, exhibitions and museum collections.
- Opening and closing of Museum building.
- Monitoring visitor both in person and via the Museum security camera system
- General Office Management
- Answer phones and direct calls
- Monitor and track Museum statistics and accounts using Excel.
- Manage incoming and outgoing mail
- Manage merchandise and ticket sales
- Additional office needs
- Events and Exhibitions
- Assist in facilities preparation for events
- Distribute events and exhibitions information
- Work with the Museum Collections
- Assist with exhibition installations, handling of museum collection and loaned objects.
- Special projects in Museum Collection
- Formal Education: Bachelor's Degree in Fine Arts preferred, business classes a plus.
- Experience: Museum or gallery work and office experience desired.
- Additional Knowledge/Skills: Extreme attention to detail and accuracy, neat, ability to multi-task, initiative and excellent interpersonal skills, work with interruptions, proficient with Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) , Adobe Photoshop, communication skills, writing ability; typing and filing; interest in ceramic art and museums; experience with museum procedures.
Alfred University actively subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against any employee, student or applicant because of race, age, sex, color, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, physical or mental disability, religion, ancestry or national origin, marital status, genetic information, military or veteran status, domestic violence victim status, criminal conviction status, political affiliation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Protected veterans, minorities and women are encouraged to apply.