Work Location : Delhi / Noida
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always reexamining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
The position is responsible for achieving key sales objectives and aggressively growing new accounts. The position is responsible for managing the growth
and development of the product mix and brand value in a defined market area.
This position will be responsible for Hed and Test Prep business both in Print & Digital for the states like UP, Rajasthan, MP and Chhattisgarh and a People Manager role
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- 9 -12 yrs of work experience.
- MBA in sales & marketing from an institute of repute
- Business mindedness, good strategic and analytical thinking, result oriented.
- Excellent organizational skills as well as a thorough attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize tasks.
- Sound computer skills as well as knowledge of Microsoft programs including Word.
- Excel, Access, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Good communication skills.
- Strong leadership & relationship skills.
- People Orientation
- Achieve sales targets and responsible for sales proceeding.
- Ensure availability and visibility of Higher Education Products in the retail channel in his Region.
- Grow existing market by maximizing adoptions and develop new markets. Enhance market share across disciplines.
- Assist in the recruitment and hiring of the most qualified managers to meet the area needs.
- Conduct orientation, train and coach the management staff in execution of daily tasks and to maximize sales.
- Participate in administering company policies and developing long range goals and objectives.
- Coordinate sales promotion activities and pricing of merchandise.
- Set exemplary standards in Sales ensuring that high standards are met in delivery and service of our tests.
- Support sales & marketing initiatives of regional partners as and where required.
- Support localized marketing plan including attending, conferences, student events and delivering local surveys Deliver ad-hoc projects and duties as required by the
- Regional manager and/ or Country manager. Ensure efficient and judicious use of direct market expenses for preparing new market schemes.
- Make effective decisions to guide a business and enhance performance.
- Sales performance including total sales revenues, number of sales, average order value, repeat sales, and sales should increase.
- Analysis of team performance and managing proactively for continuous improvement.
- Regular presentations to the team to keep motivation and weekly performance updates with senior management
- Running incentive programs, motivating individuals.
- Working with different internal and external stakeholders.
- Developing existing relationships with customers ensuring continuity of service levels.
- Developing new viable customers in line with targets.
- Sourcing potential business, visiting existing customers and introducing new products formed the basis for daily routines.
- Additional requirements included monitoring competitive activity, producing monthly sales figures and preparation of a report which detailed the previous week's activities.