Sorry, this job is no longer available.(Loading More Opportunities)
Visual Basic Developer
CAS Developer will develop and support databases assigned which may comprise programs developed by the department or from outside sources. Translating data in other formats to be imported into Access, OBDC links to third-party software, validation and exception report development, and creating automated email routines of reports to multiple recipients, are typical of the tasks assigned. A developer will work with the end-user of the program and create a button-driven interface for beginner-level Access users.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and debugs Access databases used for payroll feeds, billing purposes, reconciliation, cash applications, reporting, or other processes for the company as requested.
- Supports the Operational Accounting department and other Corporate Entities upon request.
- Modifies programs, writes reports and queries, automates email exception reports. Trains Users and provides documentation on how to use the program.
- Prepares and processes complex rebates for accruals.
- Will track project resource allocation and provide project timeline estimates upon request.
- Provide OAD management with feedback on ways to improve the work environment, procedures and work performed.
- May lead special projects and support implementations.
Preferred Skills :
- Experienced in developing complex relational databases with multiple input sources.
- Experience with OBDC and other external links
- Visual Basic & SQL programming preferred.
- Other languages and applications, can include SQR, crystal reports, Monarch, XML, or similar type programs.
- Understanding basic labor law requirements, calculating overtime hours and rates, are preferred.
- Bachelors degree or higher preferred
- Spreadsheet Software (Excel) and Database Software (Access, Advanced).
- Has had some formal training in the software program and can write using visual basic or other languages, which are compatible with Access or PeopleSoft.
- Develops independently with little supervision while coordinating the task with the end-user.
- Self-starter and takes initiative.