WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at The Knot Worldwide, we believe in doing work that matters. In 16 countries around the world, our leading family of brands (The Knot, WeddingWire, Bodas, Hitched, The Bash, The Bump, and more) inspire, inform, and celebrate our communities as they move through life’s milestones. Our couples and business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.ABOUT THE ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
WeddingWire.in is looking for a smart, results-oriented Accountant to support us with our India business. Person should be well-rounded and willing to jump in to get the job done wherever needed. The role will entail working on financial planning, managing accounts for the company, processing journal entries for invoice processing and looking at the taxation policies and staying compliant. Overall, he/she will also be responsible for accounts, costing, GST, finance & audits of the unit and handling the finance work at the unit level. The person will work with the Shared Services team for his/her scope of work and will report to Accounts Payable Manager.RESPONSIBILITIES:
In providing General Accounting Support, the position requires comprehensive financial, operational, and system-related capabilities rooted in a knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Standards. In addition, the qualified candidate should have experience with Accounts Payable, Fixed Assets, Auditing, Purchasing, Payroll Transaction Processing, Financial Systems Operations, and Data Analytics. The qualified candidate should have the ability to provide support in the following areas:
SUCCESSFUL ACCOUNTS PAYABLE CANDIDATES HAVE:
- Account Reconciliation – Reconciling subsidiary and general ledger accounts, as well as revenue, cash collection and billing reconciliations,
- Accounts Payable, Fixed Assets, Purchasing, and Vendor Payment Processing,
- Support timely and accurate completion of required reports to other offices Globally,
- Provide operations support,
- Support travel card operations, travel activities, audit of expense items and other employee reimbursement,
- Support in resolving purchase orders, contracts, invoices, or payment discrepancies and documentation by using a ticketing system,
- Ensures credit is received for outstanding memos,
- Experience in multi-currency operations, issues stop payments or purchase order amendments,
- Manages employee's expense reports by receiving and verifying and approving expense reports,
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions,
- Can call vendors for bank account verification for vendor onboarding. Knowledge of the Spanish language is a plus.
- Fluency in English; both verbal and written.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance/management
- 4+ years of experience at public accounting firm
- Expert-level knowledge of Excel
- Proficient knowledge of G-Suite
- Strong accounting skills and thorough knowledge of GAAP, standards, and business process best practices
- Excellent task management, documentation, and organizational skills
At The Knot Worldwide, we believe you are more than a resume and invite you to go for it, take the leap of faith, and apply for this job if it sparks your passion to join TKWW and make a difference!WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
- You Dream Big. You iterate and experiment to drive innovation.
- You Love Our Users. You keep our global community at the center of everything you do.
- You Do the Right Thing. You strengthen your team through respect, fairness, and inclusion.
- You Hustle Every Day. You favor urgency and own your outcomes.
- You Win Together. People are at the heart of our success and you play as a team.
We believe in a wide range of holistic offerings to support our employees so that they can live our values day in and day out. From mental wellbeing, physical health and financial planning, to engaging perks and discounts, we are in the business of celebrating and supporting the Moments that Matter both in and out of the “office”. We offer flexible vacation, generous parental leave and prioritize initiatives that support the growth, development, and happiness of our people. TKWW’s approach to the future of work:
At the onset of the coronavirus pandemic, TKWW pivoted all global employees to remote work while prioritizing physical and mental wellbeing. While the majority of our global offices are open and available at this time, all TKWW employees have the ability to work remotely full time through the length of 2022. Upon entering our “new normal”, TKWW will pilot a hybrid work model where employees will have additional flexibility. (Note: employees who were hired into remote positions will continue to work fully remotely.)
US Notice: The Knot Worldwide provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, The Knot Worldwide complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. The Knot Worldwide expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.