Sorry, this job is no longer available.(Loading More Opportunities)
Who we are
We are a start-up start-up based out of Bengaluru & Delhi NCR. We are engaged in development of next generation missions and technologies (NGM&T) towards future warfare needs of the Indian Defence forces. It is undertaking research towards enhancing persistence and autonomy for unmanned vehicles and robotic swarms. NRT’s product development portfolio includes a solar power stratospheric high altitude pseudo satellite (HAPS) unmanned platform and an air/ground launched stand-off autonomous system.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Accomplish and support activities involving the propulsion system design and development of UAVs.
- Initial sizing calculation of propulsion system for given operational requirement and evaluate the aerodynamic characteristics of propeller using low fidelity and high fidelity tools.
- Prepare CAD model using Solid works / Catia for the propulsion-related tasks.
- Sizing and selection of optimum propulsion system for fixed-wing and VTOL platforms.
- Perform CFD analyses of propulsion systems of UAVs to evaluate aerodynamic performance estimation and carry out the design trade-off studies.
- Handle the experimental test setup readiness and assist with the data acquisition and post-processing.
- Develop the propulsion sizing and performance evaluation code using Python/MATLAB for UAV design and development.
- Prepare the technical documents which support the design, analysis, and tests.
Candidate must have strong fundamentals in the following areas:
- Blade Aerodynamics and Structure
- Propulsion (Electric motor/IC engine)
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Preprocessing: Solidworks, Catia, Spaceclaim
- CFD: Ansys Fluent/CFX
- Low fidelity tools: QMIL/QPROP, XROTOR,
- Scripting language: Python, Matlab
- M.E./M.Tech in Aerospace/Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience.