About Bombay Play:
Bombay Play is pioneering the Hyper Social games genre. We make games that bring you together with your friends. Over 20 million downloads since we began in 2018.
We love and understand players and we always strive to deliver the best entertainment. We are humble yet confident in our pursuit of creating extra ordinary experiences for players.
We want to create the future of gaming, unmissable entertainment, anywhere, with billions of smiles.
For more information about Bombay Play visit:
LinkedIn page: https://www.linkedin.com/company/bombay-play/
Play our Top Games: https://www.bombayplay.com/games.html
Role: Lead - Backend Developer
Experience: 7+ years
Work Location: Remote/ Bengaluru
As a Backend Team Lead, you will oversee a group of backend developers in developing best games for the world. On a typical day, you will gather your team to discuss the progress of assigned tasks, document issues and explore solutions.Communicate with leads from other disciplines to plan, assess risks, and deliver on time. You will also code alongside your team, regularly keeping your project lead up to date on advancements. Plus, you will meet with leads from your project and others to discuss ways to improve workflows, identify dependencies, and share technology. Working within a multidisciplinary team, you will collaborate closely with your colleagues in creative, technical, quality control, and management teams.
- 7+ years of professional software development experience.
- Good software design and architecture skills.
- Experience building generic systems (services/libraries/sdks).
- Experience developing and running large scale backend/services.
- Experience with micro-services (serverless paradigm).
- You should have networking experience, experience with Relational/Non Relational databases and experience with making scalable and highly available systems.
- Experience with dev ops systems like ECS/Kubernetes, cloud services like GCP/AWS.
- An under the hood understanding of software systems (OS/Networking), awareness of best practices to build generic and performant systems are a plus.
- Strong software engineering skills, including strong fundamentals in Algorithms and Data-structures.
- Demonstrated ability to self-direct, and drive work to completion.
- Ability to learn different technologies and programming languages quickly.
- Ability to solve complex problems with simple and optimal solutions.
- At least a couple of years of Team handling experience.
- Strong communication skills, and the ability to work closely with a team of peers.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Working as part of one of our Game team or our systems team.
- Review code and design decisions with teammates and propose changes and improvements to promote scalable, reliable, and maintainable technologies for our gaming platforms;
- Promote code maintainability, extensibility and reusability.
- Monitor the technical performance of services and tools.
- Build backend frameworks, services, and tools shared across multiple games;
- Architect technical solutions that support the needs and objectives of both the product roadmap and the technology roadmap.
- Be a reference for team members for all technical issues in his/her field of expertise.
- Work as a senior programmer and help program high risk elements in their field of expertise;
- Prototyping and developing new ideas and participate in all parts of the lifecycle from research to release.
- Resolve the most complex technical issues.
- Creating measurable success, be self-directed, and prioritise your own workload.
WHAT DO WE OFFER:
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme.
- Flexible timing and work from home days.
- Relocation allowance.
- Located in the heart of vibrant Bangalore. Our office is a stone’s throw from everything you need.
- Beautifully designed large office space.
- Work directly with experienced founders with deep expertise in their fields.