LexisNexis Risk Solutions is a global data and analytics company that provides data and technology services, analytics, predictive insights and fraud prevention for a wide range of industries. It is headquartered in Alpharetta, Georgia (part of the Atlanta metropolitan area) and has offices throughout the U.S. and in Australia, Brazil, China, Hong Kong SAR, India, Ireland, Israel, Philippines and the U.K. The company’s customers include businesses within the insurance, financial services, healthcare and corporate sectors as well as the local, state and federal government, law enforcement and public safety.
• Min 4 to Max 8 years of Software Engineering experience.
• BS Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent experience required
• Worked on at minimum 1 DW tool with good exposure to ETL process. Proficiency with data manipulation languages.
• Ability to work with complex data models.
• Excellent data profiling, data quality, ER diagram concepts.
• Proficiency in development languages including but not limited to: Python Or PySpark, ECL.
• Familiarity of industry best practices — code coverage.
• Ability to work well with internal and external technology resources.
• Ability to write and review portions of detailed specifications for the development of system components of moderate complexity.
• Knowledge of software development methodologies (e.g., Agile, Waterfall).
• Knowledge of data storage subsystems.
• Knowledge of test-driven development.
• Ability to handle moderate to complex bug fixes.
• Good oral and written communications skills.
• Initial Training- Team member joining will be provided initial training - functional and any new required tech both. Post 4 months he/she has to be independent. Post 4 month team member will be accountable for below points
• Requirement Gathering - Interface with other technical, Business team personnel or team members to finalize requirements.
• Development using Python on Azure Cloud and additional language - HPCC ECL along side - SQL, Unix and other tech stack used.
• Write and review portions of detailed specifications for the development of system components of moderate complexity.
• Work closely with other development team members to understand moderately complex product requirements and translate them into software designs.
• Successfully implement development processes, coding best practices, and code reviews.
• Operate in various environments (Agile, Waterfall, etc.) while collaborating with key stakeholders.
• Resolve technical issues as necessary.
• PROD monitoring for the release where involved.
• There will be requirement to work late hours for initial 6 months or lesser.
• Keep abreast of new technology developments.
• Complete bug fixes.
• All other basic day in day out duties as assigned