EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
1. Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent education and/or work experience to meet requisite skills
2. 20 years’ progressive data center and/or critical facilities experience with minimum 5 years in a managerial position.
3. PG / MBA qualification would be an added advantage.
4. Data Center operations management certifications would be preferred.
POSITION SUMMARY: BASIC FUNCTION:
1. The cluster ops head would be responsible for ensuring the successful operations management of his cluster operational data center facility, ensuring 100 % Datacenter power & cooling uptime into the GDCO India.
2. In satisfying the essential duties listed below, this role will report to the Sr. Director of Operations and will direct all DC Site Leads on a regular basis.
3. Additionally, this role will interface with NTT GDCI transition & service delivery team, quality & risk management team & IBMS automation team to ensure the global quality standards, customers delivery projects and IBMS / automations are successfully implemented, and operations management delivered in the data centers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. To support enhance DC operations excellence & focused cluster wise approach towards DC operations life cycle management.
2. Meeting Customer’s SLA / SOW, contract management, ensuring best of the customer experience, to participate customers review meetings i.e., weekly, monthly, quarterly etc.
3. Work closely with Transition lead for effective new projects handover and takeover.
4. Employee performance management / team learning & developments etc.
5. Vendor contract management.
6. Develop Capex & Opex management and ensure adherence on the same.
7. Drive energy efficiency and cost savings project.
8. Develop and implement the DC Operations delivery strategy for the region to ensure timely planning and execution of all customer projects adhering to defined standards of cost and quality. 9. To support DC quality & risk assessment and management process.
10. Implement NTT global standards, processes, and policies in the data center.
11. Periodic monthly management reporting.
12. Leverage data center best practices and standardized data center operations management & reporting.
13. Devise the Zonal DC Facility operations and process improvement strategy. Build and maintain networks with customers, service delivery, consultants, project team etc.
14. Provide functional guidance to all Zonal sites to ensure standardization of operations and execution practices across the organization.
15. Develop and implement the DC Operations delivery strategy for the region to ensure timely planning and execution of all customer projects adhering to defined standards of cost and quality. 16. Interface with DC Business, Sales and Technology to Coordinate Facility Utility and Infrastructural needs.
17. Periodically track and monitor progress on - improvement areas- identified to ensure better operational excellence across regions.
18. Drive cost savings through process standardization and effective Operation/project management practices across specific projects within the region.
19. Foster an environment of learning, excellence, and innovation within all aspects of teamwork 20. Mentor and coach subordinates to develop the team's capabilities, succession planning and build a strong operations management team.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
1. Ability to be highly confidential
2. Brief knowledge of ISO standards, ISMS, ITSM, BCMI, local statutory and compliance essential.
3. Brief knowledge in industrial safety best practices (i.e., lockout/tag out, arc flash protection, OSHA, and state regulations)
4. Excellent verbal and written communications skills
5. Strong proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
6. Extensive hands-on experience installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting large commercial and industrial mechanical & electrical systems.
7. Must possess demonstrated technical ability and innovative thinking cross functionally, including integrated systems and IT.
8. Strong background in mechanical, electrical systems design review, layout, installation, operations, including ability to read and interpret electrical and mechanical one line
9. Ability to conduct power system capacity, safety, and code compliance assessments
10. Ability to train the Critical Facilities Staff on systems and procedures.
11. Must possess demonstrated technical ability and innovative thinking cross functionally, including integrated systems and IT
12. Analytical thinking, problem solving, customer oriented, and commitment to quality and risk management