UnitedLex is a technology and legal services company committed to delivering full-scale Digital Legal Transformation. The world’s most forward-thinking law departments rely on the company’s expertise in over 25 global jurisdictions. Founded in 2006, the team includes 3,000 legal, engineering, and technology professionals with major operations in 18 countries.
Visit www.unitedlex.com for more information about the company.
Position: Sr Contracts Manager
Location: Bangalore, India
• Providing end to end commercial contract management support – operational management, risk management and business governance.
• Identifying, assessing, and managing risk-related areas and supporting effective risk management processes.
• Providing advice on issues of contractual interpretation, conducting research, and assisting in any dispute resolution process.
• Collaborating with account teams in scope/gap analysis, account governance, management of change requests, management of subcontractors, aged debt reconciliation, etc.
• Drafting, reviewing, and redlining of various legal and contractual documents.
• Engaging relevant stakeholders in negotiation decisions involving legal or regulatory requirements, contract standards and cost targets.
• Proactive monitoring of obligations and early warning and profit leakage triggers with ongoing development of handling plans.
• Maintaining contractual documents, files, correspondence, meeting minutes, other appropriate and applicable documents.
• Summarization and conforming of the contract and regular education of the contract summary to the account team.
• Providing ongoing expert advice to account teams regarding legal and commercial implications of specific terms and conditions in contracts.
• Strong business acumen with analytical and problem-solving skills, understanding of contracts, risk management and knowledge of CLM practices.
• Ability to work independently and under minimal supervision and to respond swiftly in high pressure situations in a detail-oriented organized and flexible manner.
• Consistently able to present complex subject matter in a clear and concise manner separating the real issue from the detail.
• Strong time management skills and ability to manage delivery commitments with professional and positive attitude.
• Ability to advise and interact with all levels of management.
• Any graduate preferably with a law degree.
• 8+ years relevant experience in legal/contract management (IT Outsourcing Industry experience preferred).
• Ability to work remotely and within a team, build relationships with other business functions (legal, finance, compliance etc.)
• Good working knowledge of the fundamental legal provisions and commercial risks and issues of commercial contracts.
• Keen interest in using and embracing tools, technology, and metrics for the benefit of both internal and external customers.
Note: IRunway is a fully owned subsidiary of UnitedLex