Sorry, this job is no longer available.(Loading More Opportunities)
The position is in Kuwait. Candidate must be willing to relocate.
If you are an engineering manager who is passionate about building innovative products that scale to millions of pageviews a day, we are looking for you.
We are one of the most successful e-commerce companies in GCC. Our unique business model that enabled us to enjoy fantastic growth. The company is self-funded and is in a solid financial position. At this phase, we are scaling the company for international expansion.
WHAT YOU WILL GET TO DO:
- Responsible for planning, designing, developing, and testing software projects from start to finish
- Lead a team of junior to senior-level developers, including mentorship (technical and soft skills), career path definition, conducting 1 on 1 sessions, performance reviews, and daily work management
- Identify product design features to support scalability, usability, and better performance
- Estimate timelines for both long-term roadmap initiatives and short-term deliverables
- Work on problems of diverse scope requiring analysis of sometimes complex contributing factors to quickly diagnose root causes and solve them
- Spearhead new initiatives and processes
- Oversee and guide the success of teams following an agile scrum process
- Lead by example and deliver working functionality to stakeholders through hands-on development
WHO YOU ARE:
- Bachelor's degree in the engineering field, and preferably master’s degree.
- Strong knowledge of Java and Java microservices especially Spring Boot framework.
- You contributed to large scale projects handled millions of hits and transactions.
- You worked at 7 to 8 years in leader position for software development center.
- You contributed to building startups.
- Architect level of web development.
- Strong knowledge with hands-on experience in async, microservice and serverless architectures.
- Strong knowledge in all messaging and queuing.
- Hands on experience in Elasticsearch.
- Fair experience and knowledge in DevOps and best practices of deployment.
- Good knowledge in clouds preferably AWS.
- Experience in hiring, mentorship new joiners, and freshers.
- Hands on experience in agile development.
- Strong knowledge of relational and nosql DBs.
- Strong experience in web application security threats and mitigations.