DXC is Hiring - Application Services Solution Architect.
Location : Across DXC Job Locations India
HR SPOC : Srilatha.firstname.lastname@example.org
Key Skills : Mainframe Modernization, Solutioning Exp with Pre sales Must
The Application Services Solution Architect’s (SLA) primary role is to design competitive, deliverable, and profitable solutions that enable DXCs’ clients to meet their business objectives. The SLA brings a combination of technical and digital subject matter expertise in Modern application development services like Cloud native application development, DevSecOps, Agile methodologies, Application Transformation to cloud and Legacy modernization.
SLA must have knowledge in at least one vertical industry segment, the ability to work in a high performing team, and the ability to collaborate with clients.
- Interacts with clients in a consultative way, asking probing, relevant questions to understand client business objectives, draw out underlying issues and validate solution options. Applies active listening techniques.
- Provides subject matter expertise to clients in Modern application development services like Cloud native application development, DevSecOps, Agile methodologies, Application Transformation to cloud and Legacy modernization during early deal stages to demonstrate DXC capability and articulate how a solution with DXC and partner offerings will support the client business objectives.
- Defines the solution strategy. Determines key differentiators that will resonate with the client to ensure the solution resolves the client business challenges. Ensures all aspects of the solution strategy are addressed to ensure that the solution strategy covers technical, delivery, financial and commercial aspects.
- Confirms the solution strategy with the client. Articulates the DXC view aligning to the client business and digital strategy.
- Translates the business requirements into a technical solution. Includes but separates additional services that add value and improve the total cost of ownership and/or business case. Identifies acceptable solution trade-offs and risks to both DXC and the client.
- Collaborates effectively with the appropriate delivery leaders to design the solution and agree on key solution parameters.
- Aligns the client’s business objectives, the technical solution, and the Statement of Work. Develops and costs a cost-effective solution that meets the client's requirements, maximizes DXC’s competitive advantage, and adheres to the allowable cost.
- Constructs a transformation plan that is based on a business journey, and walks the customer through the business value and outcomes delivered through that journey.
- Demonstrates the solution to the client when applicable and participates in proofs of concept required to close the opportunity with the client.
- Builds and maintains a deep understanding of DXC and partner offerings (features, advantages, and business benefits to clients) in Modern application development services like Cloud native application development, DevSecOps, Agile methodologies, Application Transformation to cloud ,Legacy modernization and Application Integration services.
- Provides onboarding assistance to the delivery team by providing guidance on 'intent,’ previous client discussions, and drivers for design decisions. Ensures solution is implemented as designed.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Demonstrated ability to build trusted relationships with CxO or Director level client executives.
- Ability to `tell a story` to explain the business problem, how the solution solves that business problem and the advantages that it brings. Tells the story from the customer perspective using relevant business terms and is not just focused on the technical aspects.
- Subject matter expertise inModern application development services like Cloud native application development, DevSecOps, Agile methodologies, Application Transformation to cloud ,Legacy modernization and Application Integration services.
- Deep understanding of the role of IT within a chosen vertical industry segment including key business processes and associated IT trends. Ability to apply industry knowledge to solutions.
- Knowledge of emerging and trending digital technologies (ie. AI, Mobility, Blockchain, Machine Learning, RPA, IoT, etc.) and how they intersect with industry-related business patterns.
- Understanding of the concepts of lean approaches and Agile methodologies and related methods (e.g. SAFe, Scrum, Kanban, DevOps); be able to apply these as appropriate in different client contexts.
- Ability to influence peers, team, organizational leaders and clients; challenges the status quo.
- Capability to “carry the room” when presenting or demonstrating solutions.
- Compelling writing and speaking ability.
- Willingness to learn from and mentor others.
- Exhibits the following personal characteristics: reliability, confidence, collaboration, tenacity, positive attitude, proactive nature, flexibility, calm demeanor during pressure, ability to work in a team environment, and accepts responsibility as well as feedback and criticism.
Good to have Skills
- Application Management Services, Service automation and RPA
Experience and Education:
- 10+ years of experience in Application Development/AppsModernization.
- 5+ years of experience architecting solutions with a strong understanding of sales and delivery.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Technical certifications and accreditations for Modern application development services in Cloud native application development, DevSecOps, Agile methodologies, Cloud Platforms /technologies, Integration and microservices technologies.
- Ability to travel.
About DXC Technology
DXC Technology (NYSE: DXC) is the world’s leading independent, end-to-end IT services company, helping clients harness the power of innovation to thrive on change. Created by the merger of CSC and the Enterprise Services business of Hewlett Packard Enterprise, DXC Technology serves nearly 6,000 private and public sector clients across 70 countries. The company’s technology independence, global talent and extensive partner alliance combine to deliver powerful next-generation IT services and solutions. DXC Technology is recognized among the best corporate citizens globally. For more information, visit www.dxc.technology.
Please note the above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not a complete list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.