What You Do At AMD Changes Everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team. Compilers: Workload Performance Analyst
Job Description: Workload Performance Analyst in optimizing compiler team is responsible for analyzing C/C++/Fortran benchmarks to identify the new compiler optimization opportunities as well as compiler shortcoming in terms of performance. The analysis will involve using various tools to identify the bottlenecks, root cause analysis and quantifying the analysis to confirm the gains obtained. The Performance Analyst will use this report to convince and drive the improvements in the compiler. The Analyst will have to work closely with other AMD performance analysis teams.Job Duties
: Following are the responsibilities of this Performance Analyst
Qualifications / Experience
- Should own or co-own responsibility to analyze the given benchmarks
- Should be responsible to make the code changes to validate the analyzes and also measure the performance improvements
- Should be responsible to generate a formal report on performance issues, analysis and quantified improvement in performance.
- Should be responsible to develop a close working relationship with other AMD performance / compiler teams.
- BS and 7+ years experience, MS and 5+ years’ experience, or PhD and 1+ years’ experience
- Excellent knowledge of micro-architectural features of modern microprocessors. x86 and/or ARM architecture expertise is plus.
- Excellent programming/debugging skills at the Assembly level.
- Very solid practical C/C++/Fortran experience
- Prior experience with performance analysis of programs, tuning and experience with analysis tools like profilers.
- Understanding of compiler code generation and optimization issues
- Compiler development experience is a plus
- You should enjoy performance analysis and tuning and have experience with profilers.
- Good interpersonal and communication (written and oral) skills