Core Java(Backend) Developer: Oracle Bangalore
We are a team of enthusiastic engineers working on highly visible and critical projects in the areas of scalability (how do you scale 1000s of connections to the database in a cloud multi-tenant environment?), high availability (Oracle Real Application Cluster and Fast Connection Failover), network protocols (Ethernet and Infiniband for our Exalogic Platform), network security (Advanced Security Option, Kerberos authentication), memory management, extreme performance (we’re the #1 driver for the Database for SPECJ publication) and much more.
Being the primary interface to the Database, the engineers in our team have plenty of opportunities to work on real world deployments with customer facing discussions (optional for those who enjoy it).
Oracle is looking for you to join our software engineering team to build Oracle's next generation Java Database Connectivity (JDBC) driver and Java Connection Pooling technologies. You will be solving some of the most important problems in the areas of Database scalability, Database Multi-tenancy, Cloud Connectivity, High Availability and High Performance, Database security, Memory Management, and much more. You will be creating new algorithms, gathering requirements, designing solutions, writing specifications and implementing the software to help make the Oracle Database be the best in the market. Qualified candidates should have a BS/MS degree (or equivalent) preferably in Computer Science or any other engineering field. Also, they need fulfill following conditions:
1. Must have a strong background in Java development:
· Mastery of the Java language including a recent extension
· Mastery of java.io, java.lang, java.lang.annotation, java.lang.ref, java.lang.reflect, java.net, java.nio, java.security, java.util, java.util.concurrent, java.util.regex
· Extensive experience developing network IO code
· Extensive experience developing multi-threaded code
· In-depth understanding of Java runtime memory management and garbage collection
· Knowledge of newest features such as closures a plus.
· Knowledge of JDBC and/or JEE a plus.
2. Must have some experience with databases. Must have some experience with relational databases and some knowledge of SQL.
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.