Technical Support Engineer
Technical Support Engineer will perform all IT onboarding and offboarding tasks for the company. You will support the desktop team with troubleshooting, repairing or replacing defective computer hardware. This individual will also provide remote and onsite computer hardware, software and application support to users.
Essential Duties (Primary Responsibilities) include the following.
- Apply baseline computer configurations (Imaging) to new and redeployed laptops and desktops
- Maintain workstation compliance to Berkadia security standards
- Answer incoming calls to IT related to questions or issues
- Configure and ship computers and equipment
- Maintain inventory of computers and peripherals
- Perform equipment check-in and check-out tasks to ensure all Berkadia equipment is accounted for
- Assist in the documentation of technology related assets
- Work closely with HR on all onboarding and offboarding requirements
- Provide HR and hiring managers with information needed for a successful onboarding Process new hire access requests in Active Directory, SharePoint, and various internally managed applications and software licenses
- Conduct new hire orientation sessions
- Provide a white-glove onboarding experience for new users remotely with the potential for some in-person meetings, walking them through the technical steps of the onboarding process
- Act as an IT point of contact for all new hires during their initial onboarding and ensure their issues are addressed in a timely manner
- Maintain a consistent onboarding experience for all new employees
- Provide reports to management on new hire progress, issues, and trends
- Propose solutions and improvements to our Onboarding and Offboarding processes
- Point of Contact for all employee access termination requests and IT equipment collection
- Assist with the maintenance of software packages for user-based computers throughout the enterprise
- Coordinate the reclaiming and redeploying of corporate IT Assets in accordance with the corporate IT Asset Management policy. Works with IT Asset Management Vendor to recycle and dispose of non-mission critical desktop equipment.
- Assist with patch management activities of Microsoft related software using SCCM.
- Other duties as assigned.
What someone will need to be successful in this role
- Hands-on experience with maintaining and troubleshooting Operating Systems such as Windows 10 and Mac OS
- Experience with Apple, Android and Windows Mobile devices
- Proficient in O365
- Experience deploying, updating, and troubleshooting System Center Endpoint Protection and related Malware Definitions
- An understanding of troubleshooting computer hardware
- Working knowledge and configuration of Windows Server 2008, 2012 and 2016 is a plus
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft patching and update/upgrade methodologies
- Working knowledge of PC imaging, software deployment technologies and tools including Sysprep, WinPE, SCCM
- Proven ability to work in an organized manner while working on various tasks
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proven ability of being self-determined and ambitious while adhering to strict deadlines
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to provide support to all levels of employees
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- 18 PTO days + 2 floating holidays & 10 paid holidays per year
- Generous tuition reimbursement towards a Masters or Bachelors degree
- 401K match up to 6%
- 12 weeks of 100% paid paternity/maternity leave
- Mentorship with industry professionals
Berkadia, a joint venture of Berkshire Hathaway and Jefferies Financial Group, is a leader in the commercial real estate industry, offering a robust suite of services to our multifamily and commercial property clients. Powered by deep relationships and industry-changing technology, our people sell, finance, and service commercial real estate, providing support for the entire life cycle of our clients' assets. Our unique ownership structure allows us to put the client's interests first and creates a marketplace that delivers a superior experience.
Applicants who require accommodations to participate in the interview process should contact the Talent Acquisition Team to arrange for such accommodations by emailing: Talent.Acquisition@Berkadia.com
Berkadia does not share salary ranges in its job postings. Any salary-related information you see posted externally has not been provided or verified by Berkadia and may not be accurate.
Berkadia is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants and employees for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.