Sorry, this job is no longer available.(Loading More Opportunities)
We are currently seeking a Production Test Technician who will perform standard refurbishment and testing processes on a variety of Parata products. The technician will work with other members of the Parata manufacturing and engineering teams to resolve refurbishment and testing problems, roadblocks, or equipment malfunctions to ensure that the product is able to be delivered to the client on-time and in good working condition. Strong problem solving and technical skills, adaptability, and a willingness to work in a collaborative team environment are skills that will support a high level of success in this position.
- Interpret schematics, analysis, and data.
- Set up test equipment and conduct operational and life testing.
- Troubleshoot product failures.
- Perform cabinet integration testing and troubleshoot.
- Perform Infrared (IR) and dielectric testing.
- Image PCs and set up IP addresses to enable communication between workstation and machines.
- Perform other duties as requested.
Skills and Experience
- Able to read, utilize, and interpret prints and technical manuals
- Experience in debugging/troubleshooting of electro-mechanical assemblies up to systems level repair
- Able to apply technical knowledge of electronics principals in determining equipment and multiple product malfunctions
- Able to apply skills and knowledge to restore and repair manufactured products
- Demonstrate problem solving and technical aptitude
- Able to perform a variety of tasks to meet production and service requirements including but not limited to maintenance, repair, and testing of various types of electronic equipment and related devices
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing, zero defect programs, Kaizen, and 8D a plus
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Availability to work extended hours including evenings and weekends to meet deadlines, when necessary
Work environment and physical demands
The characteristics described below are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this position. When properly requested and when feasible (without undue hardship to the company), reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- This position will be subject to mostly controlled but potential varying internal environmental conditions, including changes in temperature and noise that are within acceptable safety levels common to a warehouse environment.
- Work may involve long-term standing, sitting and frequent walking throughout areas such as warehouse, assembly or machine shop as well as navigating common hazards related to these areas.
- Must be able to carry, lift and push/pull up to 30 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Must have the ability to see, smell, hear, talk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel and twist, crouch, crawl, reach, grasp, sit, stand, and walk.
- Weekend and overtime work may be required.
- Additional physical duties may be required as necessary.
- While COVID-19 precautions are in effect, this role may require use of face masks/face coverings while working in our facilities.