An exciting new Warehouse ShiftManageropportunity at DX!
Night Shift Manager - Monday - Friday 01:00 - 11:00 AM - £28,000 + Bonus (up to £12,000 OTE)
All about you
You will be friendly, hard-working and love the buzz of getting things done. We love team players and here at DX we are committed to providing our people the technical and personal skills to progress their careers.
We are a leading independent parcel, mail and logistics services company operating throughout the UK and Ireland delivering the important things in life. DX provides next-day or scheduled delivery services for parcels and freight, as well as comprehensive logistics solutions, including warehouse management and the operation of customer-liveried vehicles. Our brand is what we do every day and our values set the tone for how we want our colleagues to go about their business of delivering the Delivered Exactly promise.
What will it feel like to be part of our team?
At DX, we know our people are our foundation of success. We'll give you all the responsibility you need to develop yourself as an adaptable leader; with plenty of challenges to keep your career growing. If you want to develop your career, DX will provide the training and the opportunities! In addition, you will work with passionate and supportive people who are focused on meeting the DX Delivered Exactly promise.
Job Summary: Reporting to the General Manage this role is to provide quality management for the Hub on a nightly basis, to ensure all aspects of the Operation are maintained in line with procedures and ensuring all internal and external Customer SLAs are met, along with ensuring that all Key Performance Indicator Targets are met, whilst maintaining strict controls on the Direct costs and staffing levels.
- Manage and control the local and national distribution process to maintain and improve accuracy of sort.
- Build and develop the relationship between the hub, the SCs and depots to drive efficiency and good practice throughout the network while improving SLAs and trunk departure times.
- As senior manager for Health and Safety you will promote safe working with regular meetings and working closely with the Safety reps.
- To identifying and achieve efficiency savings and cost/productivity reviews
- To drive and improve multi skill training within the Hub but also working closely with all SCs
- Compliance with all security standards required surrounding Customer contracts.
- Delivery of hub SLAs.
- Undertake regular review of volume forecasts and amend resource planning as appropriate.
- Clear control measures in place to delivery and drive through KPI achievement.
- To encourage a positive working environment that delivers excellent service levels for the Customers and generates revenue for the business.
- Implement and maintain best operational practices through management of the SOPs.
- Maintain the site BCP.
- Have a culture of on time trunking
- Ensure on time connectivity of all trunks through prioritisation of trunks and organisation of the people.
- Great Customer service - every time
Essential Criteria for this Role:
- Excellent knowledge of operational procedures and the DX operating systems would be advantageous, but not essential
- Practiced in compliance with Health & Safety Legislation
- Strong knowledge of Human Resource procedures
- Low level budgetary experience
- PC literate and practiced is the use of Word, Excel, Outlook
- Preferably experience within logistics sector/ mail sector/ secure mail services
- Experience of managing a team
- Intermediate computer literacy
- Good communicator
- Ability to liaise and influence across functional heads
- Ability/ experience in managing change
- Previous experience in the Mail, Parcels or Distribution Industry in a Hub environment is essential
- Competitive Rates of Pay
- Holidays: 25 days + bank holidays
- Pension, Life Assurance, discounted gym membership and other additional benefits
- Excellent opportunities for career progression and more!!
We look forward to hearing from you!