Sorry, this job is no longer available.(Loading More Opportunities)
As Transport Planner you will be responsible for both strategic and day to day Transport Planning in the Hub Network, you will create, execute and review all Ortec transport plans.
In this agile role you will work closely with Hub teams to ensure transport plans are achievable, cost effective and deliver a premium service. You will be expected to produce daily transport plans per day, owning the accuracy, service while supporting costs.
You will be accountable for:
- Produce transport plans using transport planning software including Ortec and an execution TMS
- Continual review and improvement of transport plan templates to ensure cost effectiveness and optimal resource utilisation
- Provide leadership and support to regional planners using your experience of Ortec Planning and Hub operations as the subject expert.
- Make suggestions on design, embedding and review planning processes and procedures to ensure effective implementation based on impact to areas
- Advise and support Hub teams in TMS system usage during plan execution
- Compile plan vs actual data, statistics and reports, evidencing challenges to operational teams to ensure plans remain effective
- Provide cost analysis on potential new transport activity and model business change for area of responsibility
- Create peak Hub transport plans, ensuring capacity and cost efficiency is assured for area of responsibility.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Ortec Transport Planning
- Transport operations, driver legislation and related processes
- Leading and supporting a team
- Microsoft Office including Excel
Technical & People Skills:
- Data manipulation and analytical capabilities, lateral thinking
- Communication and influencing, a relationship builder
- Independent, with ability to organise workload and maintain deadlines under own initiative.
- Strong mathematical skills and computer literacy