St Pauls Care Centre, is an 88 bedded care home with friendly team where you are sure to always receive a warm welcome. We support elderly residents with a variety of care and nursing needs and the home is located within a delightful residential area in Hemel Hempstead, just a short walk away from the town centre and with access to the main bus routes.
We are incredibly proud of our inspected care homes that are rated ‘Good’ or ‘Outstanding’ by the CQC.
Benefits at Westgate Healthcare:
- Up to £14.00 per hour + on call allowance paid
- Free DBS check
- Free uniform
- Paid induction and training
- Free snacks for staff
- Free parking
- Paid Nurse PIN renewal
- Free staff wellness fund
- Free ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme with cash rewards
- Free Eye Test (for qualifying Staff)
- Rewards for employee of the month
- Awards for long service up to £1,250
- Opportunities for career progression
- Paid 28 days holiday entitlement
- Pension scheme
- Discounts from hundreds of nationwide high street and online stores
Hours/shift pattern: 40 hours per week, 8am to 4:30pm, Monday - Friday (flexibility required for on-call service).
Your day-to-day duties will include:
- Painting and decorating, general joinery, basic electrics and basic plumbing
- Ensure that all mechanical and non-mechanical, electrical and plumbing equipment on the premises is maintained and in safe and clean working order, carrying out all necessary and mandatory checks on all fire and lighting equipment as well as other facilities
- Keep up to date with developments in required maintenance checks for nursing homes
- Check the maintenance books on all floors daily and action immediately, ensuring all information is recorded
- Ensure fire appliances and doors are checked and serviced regularly
- Carry out quarterly fire drills and ensure staff follow fire evacuation procedures and assist with updating fire evacuation procedures
- Make sure the Nurse Call System is in good working order at all times by carrying out regular checks
- Check all beds and pressure relieving mattresses monthly to ensure they are functioning correctly and report any problems.
- Skilled in painting and decorating, basic electrics and basic plumbing
- Knowledge of Health and Safety and Fire Safety
- Understanding of general maintenance work / DIY and experience of dealing with minor repairs
- Good communication skills with the ability to work as part of a team
- Good health and fitness, the post involves lifting and requires physical stamina
- Previous experience in a care home environment is desirable but not essential
If you have any questions about the role, feel free to call the Home Manager on , or email
Please note: We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we receive suitable applications, therefore, an early submission of application is encouraged. Applications are reviewed on a weekly basis; interviews are arranged to suit on an ‘as and when required’ basis. If you do not hear from us within 5 working days, please assume your application has been unsuccessful.
Westgate Healthcare is an equal opportunities employer, and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.