Engineering Sales Executive
We are looking for a person with a proven track record of selling into industrial markets to join our business as a full time Engineering Sales Executive.
Based from the Wrexham site the Engineering Sales Executives remit will be a broad one. Reporting to the Sales Office Manager you will be in a small sales team working to common goals. You will work with the sales team to highlight new business targets, you will develop existing relationships and you will work very closely with engineering to develop product. This is a hands-on role that requires a great deal of engineering and commercial experience.
- Regular telephone sales calls to our key accounts and prospects throughout the UK.
- Planning sales visits to key accounts including obtaining sales information, samples, sales tools etc.
- Completing sales & service visits to key accounts to grow the account (e.g. increase portfolio of parts)
- Completing sales visits to hot leads/prospects (either to follow up enquires already received or from cold call made)
- Completion of Sales Administration necessary following customer visits and enquiry generation. The primary task of these visits and calls is to obtain orders from our customers and prospects.
- Updating the CRM and quote system (Goldvision) with information from visits, calls and enquiries and managing alerts and follow ups.
- Working with the team and Production for the design and implementation of new products, including meetings and site visits.
- The preparation of quotations and proposals, their presentation and regularly planned follow up to current and potential customers.
- Dealing with arising problems of delivery delays, quality complaints price issues from key account customers and new customers and any related administration
- Negotiating with Production regarding delivery dates and methods of manufacture for new projects
- Dealing with incoming enquiries from the web site this will involve technical advice, quotation generation, telephone calls and sales visits.
- The development of current and new markets to obtain growth for sales. This would include obtaining market directories; dealing with lead generation companies; research and qualification of prospects; visiting/attending shows; input for market specific literature and presentations for customers.
The essentials for the role are:
- A proven long term track record in industrial or engineering sales
- Good engineering understanding including measuring ability
- Good sales skills
- Good numeracy skills
- Good administration skills
- Good IT Skills
- The ability to work in a team
Sage Line 50
ISO Compliance Log, Customer Returns Data Base and Supplier Return Data Base
Specific customer quotation & order processing systems
PU sheet, roller and wheel pricing
General pricing methods for parts and tooling
Hours of work:
8.30am 5pm Monday Thursday
8.30am 4.30pm Friday
hour for lunch
All holidays are paid for
20 days holiday plus bank holidays (This increases to 23 days plus bank holidays with service)
Holidays are accrued 1.67 days per month in the first year.
Holidays must be kept back for shutdowns (1 week in May or 1 week in August plus 3-5 days at Christmas).
Salaries are paid monthly in the last week of the month
Payment is direct into the employees account
SSP is paid during sickness