- Job Title : Controls Engineer / PLC Programmer
- Location : Chester-Le-Street, County Durham
- Salary : £35,000 to £45,000 depending on experience
Nicholas Associates Group (Engineering & Technical Division) is recruiting on behalf of a long-standing client for a Controls Engineer / PLC Programmer to be based in our clients' manufacturing facility in County Durham.
The company is enjoying a sustained period of growth and investment.
A strong reputation within the industry and an employer of choice, offering excellent career progression opportunities through talent programmes and work experience in different cultures
As Controls Engineer / PLC Programmer you will be responsible for managing, maintaining, and improving PLC based control systems.
- Back up PLC, Devicenet & Control net programs
- Modify and upgrade existing programs
- Troubleshoot electrical faults on the machinery by using the PLC software
- Add devices on the Device net network
- Add devices on the Control net network
- Replace old hardware and software with the latest version / upgrade
- Where necessary train the shift technicians up to an acceptable 'fault finding' standard
- Re-program inverter drives
- Modify HMI screens.
- Carry out project work which may involve design, procurement and commissioning of PLC based control systems.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Must hold a qualification in either Mechatronics, Automation or Electrical Engineering
- Previous employment within a Manufacturing environment
- In-depth knowledge of manufacturing and mechanical processes.
- Proficiency in CAD and AutoCAD software.
- PLC/SCADA system design and development including safety
- Experience with Rockwell, Omron, Schneider, Allen-Bradley, Siemens, PLCs
SALARY & BENEFITS
- £35,000 - £45,000 p/a depending on experience
- A competitive benefits package including a generous pension contribution.
If you are interested in the Controls Engineer / PLC Programmer role, please apply as soon as possible as interviews are due to take place within the coming weeks. If you have any questions at all please contact Danny Faulkner of Nicholas Associates