What You Do At AMD Changes Everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
AMD has a distinguished history in factory automation applications from safe and connected drives and motor control to PLCs, CNCs, operator panels, I/O modules, smart sensors, robotics and much more. These application-specific solutions built for standard products are innovated and driven by the cross-functional Industrial, Vision, Healthcare & Sciences vertical market team and specifically our System Architects.
In short, System Architects drive and are responsible for the technical strategy and roadmap of the company in the specific markets and applications they are assigned. The Industrial System Architect role starts with market knowledge and deep technical expertise on the applications mentioned and the underlying technologies used in them, from Industrial networking protocols like EtherCAT and TSN, IEC 61508 and ISO13849 functional safety standards, motor control algorithms and approaches, ROS 2, C++, and Python coding skills along with a proven history with AMD-Xilinx Zynq UltraScale+ Adaptive SoC design.
The architect couples this technical expertise with strong customer-facing skills to provide system-level consultation and intra- and inter-team collaboration with groups across AMD such as product planning, engineering, marketing, business management, sales and also ecosystem partners whom may be leveraged to deliver products that this role defines. Lastly, this individual must be able to professionally communicate and present technical concepts, results of data collection/benchmarking, customer feedback/next-generation product requirements in a compelling manner that drives action internally and externally.Responsibilities
- Customer design consultancy on using Xilinx technology in Industrial applications such as, but not limited to drives, motor control, robotics, PLCs, PACs, CNCs, IPCs, operator panels, I/O modules, smart sensors, electrical grid, electric vehicle charging stations, wind energy, trains and railways, 3D printing, by utilizing and developing additional elements of the Xilinx industrial and healthcare IoT solutions stack, including embedded software, functional safety, industrial communications and control, and others (for more information visit, https://www.xilinx.com/applications/industrial/motor-control.html#solutionStack )
- Solutions development including requirements creation for others and/or enhancing and implementing algorithms for customer, product, or demo use
- Contribution to product planning requirements and justification and development of a technical strategy guiding the future of AMD in Industrial
- Work across product planning, engineering, marketing, business management, sales and also ecosystem partners
- Travel required (post pandemic, per corporate guidelines) ~25% with occasional higher bursts of travel activities, domestic and international varies month-to-month
- Expect heavy multi-tasking of responsibilities
- Masters of Electrical, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science
- 5+ years work experience with Xilinx Zynq UltraScale+ SoCs in drives/motor control or robotics
- Government authorization to travel worldwide to various Xilinx offices, customers, tradeshows
- Fluent in English with strong communication skills (verbal, written, presentation, and negotiation) using Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to work in highly cross-functional and geographically dispersed organization
- Track record of strong team-oriented behavior and very self-motivated
- Flexible to adopt Xilinx various corporate standards, process flows, and overall existing infrastructure work elements although they may differ from prior experience
- Expertise with the following programming languages Python, C/C++, VHDL and/or Verilog.
- Experience ROS / ROS 2; Matlab and/or Simulink optional; Knowledge of Machine Learning, Deep Neural Network is desired but optional.
- Experience with Industrial communications standards such as EtherCAT, Time Sensitive Networking (TSN), and/or 5G wireless
- Knowledge of functional safety standards such as IEC 61508 or ISO 13849 standards